Approximate Cost to Move Implant Up and Remove Areola Pigment?

Hi, I had a BA/BL 3 years ago and left me with terrible scars and residual pigment. The scars have been high up on my breast since day 1 and are not due to "bottoming-out". However I do feel they have started getting lower and seem to be losing shape. My question is how much would it be to remove the pigment and place the implants higher up? And after putting the implants in the proper position, would I get more fullness? Thank you!

Approximate Cost to Move Implant Up

+1
Implant exchange like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge $2800 + MD Anesthesia related costs for implant exchange with saline implants. Gel Implants tend to be about $1000 to $1500 more. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Breast Implant Revision fees

+1

The fees for breast revision surgery will vary based on a number of factors including your geographical location, exact nature of the corrective surgery, facility fees, and anesthesia fees. Contact your original Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a quote. I would then contact two other reputable Board certified Plastic Surgeons in your area to determine if the cost is reasonable. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant positoin change

+1

As for the fees, they will be different in california, but certainly if the breasts asre soft, some of the pigment can be removed by a scar revision, It looks like you have bottoming out, and the folds can be raised which would lift the implants.

You have bottoming out of the imlants

+1
You a typical long term result from lift and augmentation procedure. You will need lift revision , implant replacement and inframammary fold reconstruction. I usually remove the implants and do fat grafting for upper pole fullness if patient does want to be bigger.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Revisional breast surgery planning

+1

Both implants have bottomed out bilaterally and you have widened mastopexy scars. You will require an inferior breast fold reconstruction with acellular dermal matrix (I use Strattice), revision of all of the mastopexy scars, and perhaps smaller implants. Improved implant positioning will create more 'upper pole' fullness and center the implant beneath you nipple position. This is a challenging revision to get right - seek out a surgeon that does a lot of revisionary cosmetic breast surgery. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Repair of bad augmentation mastopexy

+1

Yours is a complex and expensive repair.  

You need a full inframammary crease reconstruction (maybe with Starttice), and a re-lift and excision of the scars.  Your nipples must not go any higher but the lift needs to be re-done to improve the scars.  The implants will look fuller above when the creases are fixed.  

Sorry for the trouble but this is much harder than the first operation.  If your implants sat where they are from the very beginning, you need a new doctor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS