Approved for Surgery 6 Weeks Ago, but Dr's Office Will Not Call Me Back?

I'm approved for a BR w/ BcBs & been calling my PS to schedule but they won't call me back, made 5 calls! wonder if I am being put on the back burner since I am insurance case. Anyone know if the cash cases get Preference over insurance ?I want to take a new job, which I would be changing insurance so I REALLY need get this done ASAP . I am in a dilemma because I Need to get this done within the next two weeks! Any advice, Btw,I have asked for the Dr to call me and still n/a. Thanks!

Breast reduction and surgery

+1

If you are not happy with the response or lack thereof form your plastic surgeon, then time to find a new one.

Office won't answer?

+1

I cannot speak for this particular surgeon's office practices, but we treat all patients the same.

Have you tried emailing or stopping by the office? I would give them one more try and let them know how disappointed you are with their communication and see if they will work with you. Two weeks is a very tight time frame to schedule your procedure so you may have to be a little flexible. 

Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Pending

+1

Our office treats insurance cases the same as private. It does seem strange that you are not getting a call back. You might try one more time and let the office know that you are considering going to another surgeon. You may need to find an office that will return your calls as this will be very important for your follow up care. Getting your insurance to approve another surgeon may not take too long, have your new surgeons office see if they can expedite that for you. Be sure you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in breast reduction. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

May need to call someone else

+1

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry that your call has not been returned. That is very unusual. In my office there is no preference for insurance vs. cosmetic cases. I know time is critical for you, but you might need to consider a second surgeon and getting your approval transferred to that doctor. Truthfully, this would likely take more than your 2 week notice probably to get approved. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD