How to Approach the Subject with my Surgeon and Ask for a Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had septorhinoplasty 8 months ago & I am unhappy with the results. I have a bump on one side of the bridge of my nose & the other side feels significantly more shaved down, resulting in my profile being concave one side & convex from the other. This bothers me greatly. I am somewhat nervous to bring up the possibility of a revision with my surgeon as I do not want to offend. But I do feel a revision is necessary. Please advise as to how I should approach the subject and ask for a revision.

Speak your mind

+2

Keep in mind, you paid someone to make you feel better about your appearance. You should feel happy & confident with your results. Approach the subject with your surgeon in a "with all due respect" manner. Start by telling him/her what you like about your results, and move into what you wish would have come out differently. Ultimately, surgeons want their patients to be happy. If you're feeling disappointed by your results, it reflects poorly on your surgeon because you will be less likely to refer your friends and family. Your surgeon's name is on your nose, give him/her a chance to rectify the situation.

Touchup revision rhinoplasty

+1

All busy rhinoplasty surgeons have to perform touchup rhinoplasty procedures on their patients. Its best to communicate your concerns with your surgeon so they can address your concerns during the touchup procedure.It is probably best to wait at least a year prior to undergoing a revision.