What Approach Would Be Used in my Case? (photo)

I have posted several questions asking if I was a candidate for rhinoplasty,many said yes&explained what changes could be done. I know this doesn't take the place of a consultation but I would like toknow what approach inyour opinion could be done in my case?Many have answered that my changes are minor, such as rasping of my small bump, tip narrowing,narrowing the entire nose. I agree my nose is slightly wide. I have no deviated septum.Would the angle of my nose change? Will the nose be broken?

Rhinoplasty approaches

+1

In general, there are two main approaches with minor variations in each. The first is the closed or endonasal approach and the second is the open approach. In my opinion, either way would be acceptable. However, it is more important to have a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can give you his reasons for picking that particular approach to achieve the results you are looking for. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Certainly the concerns that you have can be addressed with a rhinoplasty. However, an in office consultation is critical to properly evaluate you.  Good luck!

Rhinoplasty Approach

+1

Dear Larissa,

Your rhinoplasty is more delicate than being simple.

Based on your photos missing the benefits of an in-person consultation, the surgical technique (open vs. closed) is not an issue more than the level of skills your surgeon will have; you need to enjoy great results regardless of the technique used during your surgery.

It is not possibly to recommend an osteotomy to fix your nasal bump, but it looks like it could be a very possible approach to narrow your nasal dorsum.

As for the tip and the alar base, they may require to be addressed to give your nose a coherent/natural look fitting your face and bringing its beauty out.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Misaligned Nipples and Asymmetrical Breasts, 5 Month Post-op - What Can Be Done?

+1

You can keep asking questions but at some point ONLY in person evaluations are going to achieve the full understanding you desire. I personally might offer a closed technique with tip revision and file of the hump, ?if fractures are needed. And what about a small chin implant or a filler to the chin like Radiesse. So you see ONLY in person evaluations are for you at this stage. 

Approach for Rhinoplasty

+1

It really should matter to you regarding the specifics of the surgery unless those techniques are not "normal" approached to rhinoplasty surgery. See a surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty and trust them. Otherwise, the key is the surgeon - not the technique.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

What to do with rhinoplasty

+1

You have a normal nose and a pretty face.  What is done is entirely dependent on what you don't like.  Have a detailed consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeron and express what it is you think could be improved.  The answers you get, and the explanations for why one approach may be better than another, will tell you when you have found the right surgeon.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of his/her pre- and post-op pictures!

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty Technique

+1

As I have said many times do not select the technique, select the surgeon. There are many ways to change the nose; many excellent surgeons have their own personal preferences.

What Approach?

+1

It is not the approach (open or closed) that matters: It is the results that matters!  Likely, there will be a need for osteotomies (controlled fractures) for the best cosmetic result.  Viva la France!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options

+1

Either an open or closed approach can be used in your case.  It depends mostly on which approach your surgeon feels he can give you the best possible result.

Refinement of your tip, reducing the "bump", and narrowing of your nose in general would give you a good result.  From your frontal view, your lower face looks weak, and I'd like to see a profile including your chin.  Balancing your chin with your nose will give you a much more harmonious result.  

Nothing takes the place of a consultation with a board-certified surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Either Open or closed Rhinoplasty can be done

+1

Either open or closed Rhinoplasty approach can be done it depends on the surgeon and what approach he uses. You will probably require Osteotomies "breaking the nose." to thin the nose slightly. Your tip can use some refinement. The dorsal area is hard to see in the profile photograph. I would suggest seeing an expert Rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation and upon direct examination all of these questions can be answered. I personally use a digital imaging computer which also allows me to show you what the proposed surgical results are. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD