Best Approach for Improving my Breasts? (photo)

I'm 32 and lost over 100lbs. 260lbs at my heaviest (38H cup). At 170lbs I was a 34F, felt my breast were OK, though they hung lower than fakes. Now at 155lbs and a 32DD/E. Those last 15lbs (lost during 4 months) left the skin envelope looking empty. They sit lower, too. Left nipple level /w top of ruler in crease, points up. Right a cm lower, points out. Intend to maintain weight-loss before taking action, to see if my skin adjusts at all. Meanwhile, doing my research. Please advise. Thank-you.

Ultimate Breast Lift ideal after weight loss

+2

Dear Yedda,

You are a perfect candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift technique, if you are happy with your current volume. The UBL reshapes your breast tissue and anchors it securely to provide you with upper pole fullness without the need of an implant. This proprietary technique has completely eliminated the vertical scar. Vertical scars inherently weaken a lift. Think about it. Why place an incision at the point of maximum tension? Time and time again, wounds come apart at this point. The incision cannot handle the weight of the breast. This is what makes the UBL unique. It internally strenghtens and anchors the breast to relieve the skin envelope. Unlike the other methods, the UBL does not depend on the skin envelope alone to provide a long term lift. The UBL is therefore architecturally stronger. Do your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alone versus lift and augmentation

+2

If you can make your breasts look like you want them to by using your hands or a non-padded bra then you might have enough volume to just get a breast lift alone.  In doing so there will not be much upper pole volume when no wearing a bra.  If you would like more volume as well and/or if upper pole shape is also important than an augmentation and a lift will be needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Best Approach for Improving my Breasts?

+1

Given that the size is OK, a breast lift should give a nice improvement. There are numerous techniques from which your surgeon and you can choose. The goal is to elevate the areola such that its lower portion is at or above the breast fold, and to remove any excess skin.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you would be a great candidate for a Breast Enhancement with a Vertical lift or Anchor lift depending on what kind of results your looking for. You should have a consultation with  a Certified Plastic Surgeon too review your options. congrats on loosing the weight.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Full breast lift and maybe implants

+1

Congratulations!  You will be well served from a full breast lift.  Let that heal and see if you are happy with the look and size.  For more size and upper pole fullness, put in implants in 4-6 months.  Doing it in one stage ij a massive weight loss carries much higher complications.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery after Significant Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss; you should be proud of this accomplishment!  At some point, you should visit with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons for direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

Based on your description and photos, I think you will benefit from breast lifting surgery. Breast lift will serve to raise the position of the breasts on your chest wall.Breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision.   The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting”  and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

Most patients in your situation also opt to have breast augmentation done either at the same time or at a 2nd stage. Given your body type ( minimal adipose tissue coverage), I would suggest the use of silicone gel breast implants if possible.

Whether the breast lift and augmentation should be done the same time  is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.
The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increased with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.
In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure in one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).
Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.