How Will Apprearance of Penis Size Be Affected After Tummy Tuck, or an Other Tuck/surgury Around Fat Pad Be?

17yrs old. Use to weight 330, now 210. A lot of loose skin. Before I get surgery done, I want to build muscle and lose more weight. Noticed that skins covers base of my penis (uncircumcised). Unerect I'm like an inch. Fully erect about 4-5 inches. But when erect, I notice how the skin/fat stretches with my penis still not allowing full showing. I noticed about a good 3 extra inches of potential behind where skin/fat ends in the middle of my penis. After surge, will my penis appear fully? Help.

What you can expect regarding appearance of penis size post surgery

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.  You should be very proud of the accomplishment you have achieved. 

Typically excess skin and fat in males is in the shape of a W after massive weight loss.  With a male abdominoplasty or 360 body lift, the skin around the penis is reduced and elevated. After surgery, there is often a significant increase in the appearance or showing of the penis.

There is excess skin and fat on the sides of the penis as well as on the dorsum of the penis. Sometimes there is redundant excess skin and fat in the lateral portion of the base of the penis and this may require direct excision of excess skin and fat in this region.

I hope this helps.  Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - How Will Apprearance of Penis Size Be Affected After Tummy Tuck, or an Other Tuck/surgury Around Fat Pad Be?

+1

The good news is that with the surgery you're already talking about - tummy tuck and removal of excess tissue in the pubic region - your penis will appear to gain an extra few inches of length.

That, at least, is based on your description.  This surgery will not, of course, actually change the length, or any other dimensions, of your penis.  There are procedures that can do that, but that's outside the scope of this discussion.  Instead, since you have excess, hanging skin (and fat) that effectively obscures the base of your penis, removing those tissues will allow more of your penis to show, in both the flaccid and erect states.  This may be removal of skin and fat directly (ie, surgical excision), liposuction of the pubic mound or a combination.

You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon to make sure that everything you want done will be done, to the greatest extent possible, at one procedure.  And do not hesitate to get more than one opinion; you may, in fact, find that to be very useful (as if often the case).

And then, with a single procedure, you'll have a diminishing of your abdominal and pubic tissue, with a relative enlargement of your penis.  Which is a combination that, I suspect, many men would be happy to have.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Lipo for the Hidden Penis Syndrome

+1

What you describe is not uncommon for men who are dramatically overweight, especially if they carry their weight in that region.  The procedure of Tummy Tuck and Liposuction usually corrects this or at least significantly improves this situation.  The fat needs to be removed (liposuction) and the skin needs to be tightened via Tummy Tuck or MonsPlasty.  

Daniel P. Markmann, MD