Overlapping Teeth - Should I Make an Appointment with an Orthodontist?

My teeth are crowded my central incisors on the top overlap slightly, the lateral incisors next to them are pushed out a bit, my cuspid teeth are pushed slightly behind my lateral incisors. My bottom teeth are crowded too, my front incisors are all overlapped by one another and my canines are turned towards the front of my mouth not up and down like they should be. I find it very hard to floss and even when I'm careful I still tend to cut them up due to the force it take to get between my teeth.

Yes, absolutely!

+1

You should absolutely make an appointment to consult with an orthodontist to discuss possible treatment options to make the corrections that you mentioned, such as crowding, overlapping teeth, etc. One of the very important factors with oral health is the ability to maintain a healthy dental environment so that the teeth last a lifetime. If you are suggesting that because your teeth are very crowded, you are not able to floss between them properly, you are a prime candidate to seek orthodontic treatment. By moving your teeth into a better alignment and gaining space so that you can care for your teeth properly, the chance of maintaining your teeth and keeping them for your entire life is significantly increased. Make that appointment today.

New York Orthodontist

Crowded teeth

+1

Crowding of teeth is the most common orthodontic problem.  You should see an Orthodontist for a consult.  We have many options for your case including braces, clear braces, and even Invisalign.  Your treatment will take anywhere from 12-24 months.  Typically our patients are seen every 8 weeks.  Good Luck!!!

Miami Orthodontist

See an orthodontist or two or three even

+1

It sounds like you have a lot of crowding and it sounds like it is in both upper and lower arches .  Likely there are some bite issues also.  You really need to see an orthodontist or orthodontists and get a good detailed treatment plan worked out that takes into account,  tooth sizes, tooth shape, ( will there be dark triangular spaces when they line up?) How much do the front teeth protrude?  You need to look at how much vertical overlap there is in the front teeth and how much there should be.  Exactly how big are the teeth?  Are they large, average, or small?  Have they actually been measured to find out?  Some of these teeth may need to reshaped slightly to help gain space and avoid dark triangles when they line up.  You have to look at how much the dental arches can be reshaped (expanded) to gain a little space that way.  What effect would it have if some permanent teeth were removed to gain space, (good idea or bad idea?)  How would tooth extraction affect the facial profile?  How would arch expansion to gain space affect the facial profile?   Will my facial profile look better or worse after treatment and why?  Can I keep my profile just the same?  The most important thing here is "the plan" and you need someone who will take the time to give you a really good logical detailed plan.  If the first orthodontist doesn't address these things try again until you find someone who does and ask them about all of these things..   The orthodontist needs to measure everything and design a really good well thought out plan first to decide exactly what the braces are supposed to do.  You should have a clear understanding of it before you start.

Phoenix Orthodontist

Overlapping Teeth and Braces

+1

It sounds like you should make an appointment with an orthodontist or your general dentist based on the crowding you describe and the difficulty flossing.  Having straight teeth will improve your smile :) and also improve your gum tissue health.   If you are interested in a non-metal braces option, you might be an Invisalign candidate and may want to ask an Invisalign provider as you are making your decision.

Dubuque Cosmetic Dentist

Esthetics braces . 6MonthsSmiles

+1

You are the typical candidate for braces . Not only will improve the way your smile looks but functionally you will chew better and  hygiene will be a lot easier and more effiecient.

Have you heard about six months smiles ?It might be easier that a full orthodontic treatment.

New York Cosmetic Dentist