Applying Pressure on Nose Hump?

I have an ugly hump on the bridge of my nose, so stupidly I used my fingers to just try and push it down and get rid of it... I swear it did actually reduce it a little for a bit... but when I looked at it again a bit later it looked bigger/worse :\ What have I done? Is it just swelling? Can I revert my nose back to it's original shape or have I messed it up :(?

Dissatisfaction with Do-it Yourself Nose Hump Reduction Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Regarding: "Applying Pressure on Nose Hump?
I have an ugly hump on the bridge of my nose, so stupidly I used my fingers to just try and push it down and get rid of it... I swear it did actually reduce it a little for a bit... but when I looked at it again a bit later it looked bigger/worse :\ What have I done? Is it just swelling? Can I revert my nose back to it's original shape or have I messed it up
:(?"

The back of the nose is made up of the vertical cartilaginous plate of the septum, the upper lateral cartilages and the nasal bones. An increase in their size creates the hump. One cannot reduce a hump cosmetically by applying compression on the back of the nose. Such compression force, be it what you did or a baseball for example, may eventually break the bones and underlying septum leading to a nose deformation.

The best way to tell what may have happened is for you to knock off this masochistic do it yourself nose shaping and get seen by a nose surgeon who will be able to tell what happened and hoe to best reverse it.

Dr. Peter Aldea

PS - I am glad you did not take a disliking to your appendix...

Deformable bump of nose

+1

What you describe is difficult to explain medically or scientifically. Generally you would have to apply sustained and consistent pressure for weeks or even months to produce a permanent effect. If, however, the bump is due to a cyst or other abnormal entity, there may be a one in a million expanation. See a surgeon for a evaluation and possible radiologic study.