Applying Pressure on Juvederm Immediately Following Injection?

I had a juvederm injection in my cheeks followed immediately by a Botox injection for my crow's feet. The nurse asked me to put pressure on the botox injection site on one side while the doctor injected the other site. Then she said "not too much pressure", so I lessened the pressure. I am worried that I may have moved the the juvederm by the initial pressure I applied. How much pressure would it take to move the juvederm immediately following injection, and how would I know if it moved?

Applying pressure on Juvederm immediately following injection?

+1

Placing gentle pressure on areas injected with Botox or Juvederm is common. I doubt you could have moved it or caused any problem. It may not even be in the same exact place where the Botox was injected.

Applying Pressure on Juvederm Immediately Following Injection

+1

It is unlikely that you would have displaced the juvederm with light pressure with in the care of physician and nurse. If you  have any concerns, you can follow up with your physician.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Will applying pressure move Juvederm?

+1

From what it sounds like, you did not apply pressure directly to the area the Juvederm was injected. Even if this was not the case, it is unlikely you moved any of the Juvederm.  If it was moved, you may notice:

1) Asymmetry and irregularities present in the area the Juvederm was injected
2) Lumps or bumps caused by the Juvederm building up in an area

Following a Juvederm injection, the Juvederm can be molded to produce the desired effect.  Direct pressure alone would not likely do this.  I would recommend following up with your physician regarding any other concerns you may have. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It ususally takes a lot of pressure and manual manipulation to move Juvederm to another area of the face once it has been injected. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Unlikely a problem.

+1

It is very unlikely that you have done any damage at all. Products can be moved, but it needs a concerted, purposeful and repeated motion to affect the Juvederm. Don't worry too much about this.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injection of filler and then added pressure

+1

It is unlikely that you caused a problem by putting light pressure on your face after filler injections.

Moderate pressure after an HA (Juviderm / Perlane) injection is likely fine

+1

Don't worry too much about this.  We all use pressure to eliminate bruising and minimize swelling when we do injections in the face.  I am sure you will be fine.  HA's are injected in a deep space of the cheek and are not mobile in the sense that you imagine.  In these deeper injections the HAs can last 12 to 18 months when done properly.  If you have concerns address these with your PS.  If everything looks great you can just relax and enjoy your improved facial appearance.  All the best.

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon