Applying Makeup After Rhinoplasty. Concerned of Damaging My Nose With Make Up Brushes?

Good evening! I was hoping that someone would be able to ease my worries about applying makeup after rhinoplasty. I use brushes and am concerned of prodding or nudging my nose in some way. I should mention that I'm roughly nearly 4 months post op. but I am asking in general too to clear up this subject for any other users who are worried too! Thanks.

Applying Makeup after Rhinoplasty

+2

Applying make up four months after Rhinoplasty surgery is fine. Actually most patients will start using makeup after the splint removal if they are returning to  and you their work place. You want to make sure you do not apply pressure to the nose while applying the makeup. Makeup brushes are ideal for a light covering of tinted powder. The same goes for removing the makeup use a nice light face wash or make up remover cloth. Best regards and thank you for clearing that up for any other patients who had concerns!

Applying Makeup Products After Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Fleur1,

Applying Makeup products with a brush gently over your nose should not be an issue at 4 months post-op.

The key element is that you do not apply excessive pressure that may lead to possible risks tempering with the results of your rhinoplasty.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Brushes to nose after rhinoplasty

+2

4 months out from your rhinoplasty is far enough out not to have worries about gently using a brush to apply makeup. 

Richard Balikian, M.D.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon