Can I Apply Retin-a Gel on My Nose?

i have some blackheads and white head on the 2 corner of my nose..im wondering if you can apply retin a on there?

A tiny dab!

+2

Retin A is made for comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), but there is a tendency to apply too much and that can cause irritation. I have found you get best and fastest results if you also get extractions to debride the pores and then the Retin A will retard the formation of new lesions. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Yes, you can apply it on your nose

+2

For comodonal acne, my treatment of choice is topical retinoids (like Retin-A).  It only takes a small amount, and you will need to do it for several weeks until you see improvement.  As said before, dryness and irritation are the side effects; so you a mild cleanser and moisturizer. 

Frisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Retin A gel can be used on the nose

+2

If you have not used Retin A gel previously or if this is just a new area, start slowly at twice a week at night time, then work up to every night.  Gels are drying and can cause irritation. 

Also, make sure the skin is completely dry before applying Retin A, and do not use any abrasive or irritating cleansers.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Retin A for the nose and eyes

+1

I recommend Retin A for the nose and for the areas of excessive pores and acne.  Retinoic acid is also good for the eyes, in order to reduce wrinkles and premature aging.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com

Retin-A Can Be Used on Your Nose

+1

Retin-A can be used all over your face, including your nose.  Retin-A is great for acne as part of a skin care regimen.  For skin rejuvenation, the most sun exposed areas - the nose, ears, and lips - respond very well.  Your doctor can give you specific instructions and monitor your response.

Retin-A for acne on the nose

+1

Retin-A is a good treatment for blackheads and whiteheads on the nose, but you have to be careful when starting and using it as it can be quite irritating. The gel is a more drying form of Retin-A (compared to the cream) and is generally used in patients with oilier skin. The folds where the nose meet the cheeks are often the most irritated part of the face when first using Retin-A.

I generally advise patients to moisturize one hour before applying Retin-A. A drop the size of a small garden pea is enough for you whole face so for the nose alone only a tiny amount should be used. If using the gel I might well start at 2-3 nights a week and work up to using it 5-7 nights weekly if tolerated. The first week or two will often exhibit irritation (akin to a mild sunburn) which typically goes away with continued use. If it does not, you may need to see your doctor for a milder form of the medication.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes Retin-A works for blackheads

+1

Yes you may apply Retin-A to improve the blackheads on your nose, but I recommend starting slowly  because it can cause skin irritation. Try using a very small amount every third night, then work up to every other night as tolerated. Also, do not use it if you are pregnant or if you will be going in the sun the next few days.

Towson Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.