When Can I Apply my Normal Skin Cream After Botox

i had botox to frown lines and forehead yesterday and was wanting to ask when i can start using my face cream again and if i can use my enzyme peel?

You can apply make up/ creams, the same day as BOTOX

+1

You can apply creams on your face, even after an hour after BOTOX, as long as you re gentle with the application and take care not to massage the area.

India Dermatologist

Massage 2 hours after Botox treatment

+1

Two  hours after treatment, the Botox is already absorbed into the muscles.

I would not be concerned unless you massage vigurously BEFORE  the 2 hours. I would also not  be  concerned

about the enzyme peel for the same reason.

Discuss all these matters  with the Dr that is injecting the Botox.

Always make sure that you are being treated  by an experienced Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Resume facial creams soon after Botox injections

+1

Most facial creams and makeup may be applied, very soon after Botox injections.  You certainly don't want to rub makeup all over a face that has some bleeding sites from injections if you are on a blood thinner.  You also don't want to use a cream with alpha hyroxy acids, such as glycolic acid, right away as this may sting the areas of the needle insertion sites.  Usually the night of the treatment most patients can tolerate the application of all their normal products.  Please don't apply the creams within minutes after the treatment if you are rough with the face. You want to be gentle with the areas injected so as not to rub them around and displace the Botox within the first four hours of the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Apply Skin Cream 1 Day After Botox Injection

+1

it's usually safe to apply normal skin cream, foundation, moisturizer, or similar product right after your Botox injection.  Make sure you get the approval of your plastic surgeon in the office, but it's usually safe after the puffiness has subsided. 

Direct pressure with gauze pad and/ or ice packs will ensure that the areas of Botox injection have calmed down enough for you to apply skin cream.

Best Wishes,

Roy

Roy Kim, MD

Skin Care Regimen After Botox or Dysport Injections

+1

There should be no problem to apply face cream 24 hours after injection. After injections, I usually advise people to wait about a day before applying skin creams. An enzyme peel may cause irritation so waiting a few days is probably best.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Skin Care After Botox

+1

Generally speaking you may return to your normal home skin care routine the same day as your treatment. Botox injections and topical, over-the-counter skin products do not tend to interact with each other.  If you are unsure about your skin products it is best to check with the recommendations of your provider.

In the rare event that you develop a reaction to the Botox or have an infection at the site of injection it is advised that you follow up with your provider and wait until the skin has cleared before returning to your regimen.

Steven H. Williams, MD

When can I apply moisturizer after botox

+1

You do not have to alter your daily facial moisturizer routine at all after having botox.

it is always best to also ask your treating doctors questions regarding your daily facial routine

Lori A. Brightman, MD

Botox and Skin Care

+1

It is completely safe to resume your usual skin care regimen a few hours following Botox treatments.  You should avoid excessive rubbing of the treated areas for approximately four hours following Botox injections however.  

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Resuming skin care regimen after Botox

+1

You can begin your normal skin care routine the same day as your Botox injections as long as you do not have any irritation at the injection sites.  If you become irritated, wait a day or two.  Skin creams should not affect your results in any way.

Alison Stallings, MD
Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

BOTOX and facial creams

+1

You may apply your face creams as long as your skin is without evidence of reaction or irritation. The same applies to your enzyme peel.  Always consult with your provider regarding post procedure regimens.

Dr. Pedy Ganchi/ Village Plastic Surgery

Ridgewood, New Jersey

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon