Do I Apply Latisse to Eyebrows Before or After Applying Moisturizer?

Although not FDA approved, I have recently started to apply Latisse to my over-plucked eyebrows (one drop on each brow). I would like to know if I should apply Latisse to my brows before or after using my facial moisturiser? My skin can feel quite dry without using it, and the Latisse slightly exasperates this problem- I am worried however that applying moisturiser before/after may diminish the effects of Latisse? Thanks in advance for your advice...

Latisse applied to Eyebrows

+2

Although this has not been tested or FDA approved (off label use), I have had patients tell me that it is effective.  Put the Latisse on first and then your moisturizer.

Latisse for eyebrows

+2

Although this is an off label use, there have been recent reports of its effectiveness for eyebrows. Latisse should be applied prior to any other cream or moisturizer.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How to apply Latisse to eyebrows

+2

I recommend you always apply medication to the skin BEFORE applying moisturizers, etc and these products can adversely effect the penetration of the medication. Although Latisse is not FDA approved for eyebrows, Latisse was shown to be effective in the treatment of eyebrow hairs in the January, 2012 issue of the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. In this study, Latisse was applied to the base of the eyebrow hairs every other day.  The treatment caused increased eyebrow density, hair length, and darker color.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Apply Latisse Before Moisturizer

+1

Latisse is best applied to a clean surface. Before getting started, be sure to remove makeup and contacts. Apply your moisturizer after the Latisse treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

In our practice we recommend applying the Latisse before bed time.  Avoid using the moisturizer around your eyebrows when applying the Latisse for best results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Applying Latisse to Eyebrows

+1

While the FDA approval hasn't gone through for this, Allergan is currently doing studies on Latisse for eyebrows, as well as another entire system for the scalp. Though technically "off label," Latisse should be applied to any clean site before any other product, so you should put it on before the moisturizer, as it will penetrate better.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD