Apple Shape Wanting More of an Hourglass. Is It Safer/more Cost Effective to Do Fat Transfer to Hips or Have Waist Liposuction?

I'm a top heavy apple and have a boxy type figure. I cannot get that feminine curve waist/hip ratio no matter what exercise I do. My waist to hip ratio is 6. I'm 5'1" and would like my hips to be just a bit wider more of a ratio 8-9. (having wider hips than that would make me look shorter). I have heard that hips don't take fat transfer so would liposuction of midsection achieve the look I'm going for?

Shape

+1

More specific information including your height and weight and some photographs will allow me to better help you

Apple to hourglass

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  Of course without a physical exam or pictures it is hard to give a more definitive opinion for what you desire.  In light of this, I think doing both a fat transfer plus the liposuction can be done and could give you the look better than either alone.  Think of it as robbing Paul to pay Peter.  When you remove from one area (the waist), and then place what was removed to the new area (the hips) you have a better chance of achieving the waist to hip ratio as you treated both areas at once.  Contact a board certified PS and discuss your concerns with him/her so you can get a better idea of how to achieve your goals.  Best of luck and I hope this helps.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Apple Shape to Hour Glass Shape with Liposuction and/or Fat Transfer

+1

The approach of either abdominal and flank fat reduction by liposuction or hip expansion by fat injection are the two logical considerations when trying to have more of an hourglass shape. The liposuction reduction will produce a very predictable result while the fat injections are much more uncertain in terms of survival. It would take either pictures or an exam to determine how successful either approach would be. Most likely both procedured may be used to get the greatest change.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Liposuction can give you the hour glass appearance you have always wanted

+1

Short waisted patients often have a more barrel shaped appearance. However, for patients that have excess fat in the flanks and lower back, liposuction is a good option to create a "curvier" aesthetic. When you are ready, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the most appropriate option for you.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can change a person's shape dramatically in many cases.

+1

Liposuction is such a great procedure and can really change a person's shape dramatically in many cases. Fat grafting has always been a crap-shot and doesn't seem to last very long or gets lumpy and bumpy easily. See a few docs in person for a lipo consultation and they will help you make your decision. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat grafting and liposuction

+1
Liposuction combined with fat grafting is a great way to achieve an hourglass body shape given that one should have a frame for that type of a figure. If the patient is shorter or has weaker abdominal muscles after childbirth its very difficult to achieve the desired body shape

Cost effective hourglass shape

+1

The narrow waist sometimes is just not possible if you have a shorter trunk, and perhaps a pregnancy or two. If the hip flares, and the rib is flared, and the distance between the two short, liposuction may help to a degree, but anatomy may trump the result you are after. Fat tansfer to the hip? We don't recall ever being asked for that one.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Liposuction or Fat Transfer

+1

Liposuction anf fat transfer may both be appropriate.  If you post pictures, I can give a far more useful answer.