Any Comments or Advice Regarding Mesotherapy for Cellulite?

I am getting ready to go in for mesotherapy for cellulite treatment. I've read good reviews on the process although it is not approved by the FDA. I would be interested if anyone has any advice or comments.

Mesotherapy disappointing for cellulite and fat reduction.

+2

Mesotherapy (Lipodissolve) has been disappointing in fat reduction because of inconsistent results and harsh side effects (pain, swelling, hardness of the area for weeks).  The injections are painful and have to be done multiple times.  The treatment itself has not gained FDA approval.  For all of these reasons it is not an ideal treatment although more research and development may change that.

It has been marketed more for reduction of fat in general rather than cellulite.  Cellulite is more than just excess fat, even thin women suffer from the rippling.  Tightening of the skin seems to bring about a better result than simple fat reduction regardless of the method used.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Mesotherapy and Cellulite

+2

Much as my colleagues and I would LOVE to have a way to banish cellulite - that method or cure does NOT yet exist.

Not only does mesotherapy not work consistently on cellulite, you may be left with results which may be hard to correct later on.

Personally, I would advise you to save your money for something which is safer and more predictable in its efficacy or give it to your favorite charity.

Consistent benefit doubtful for mesotherapy for cellulite treatment

+2

You should lower your expectation as mesotherapy or Lipodissolve has not shown to provide a "consistent" benefit to cellulite. Despite the claims of some medical device manufacturers, to date, no other modality has provided a clear-cut clinical benefit for cellulite treatment.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze to fight cellulite

+1

The best procedure to treat cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze promotes skin thickening and tightening, resulting is tighter, smoother skin. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would not suggest undergoing mesothrapy. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite Mesotherapy

+1

You are correct - mesotherapy is NOT FDA approved for cellulite treatment.  Rather, I would recommend you consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS