Anxiety - Will This Effect my Operation? (photo)

I an generally a very nervous person and sometimes have anxiety attacks. Have not had an attack since July 2012. Don't smoke and have been off the pill for the last 11 months. Don't take any other tablets. Only Urbenal when I have an anxiety attack. My preopp appointment is on Tuesday and will then also have an EKG just to make sure all is well in that dept. I just need to know if I will be ok if I get an anxiety attach before the opp that it still will be fine.

Anxiety Before Cosmetic Surgery

+1

It is not uncommon to feel some anxiety before a surgical procedure. I would suggest that you speak to the physician that manages your anxiety/panic attacks to discuss options to minmize your risk for an attack before surgery. If you do experience an attack before surgery, rest assured that you will not compromise your surgical result. I hope that this response as well as the responses from my colleagues helps you feel less "worried" about your upcoming surgery. Good luck. Dr. G.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/dr-gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Anxiety

+1

Having a panic attack is not going to have an effect on the results of your tummy tuck, so do not have a panic attack while worrying about a panic attack.  I would keep in close contact with your physician treating your anxiety prior to and following the surgery to keep you as fit as possible.  Good luck.

Anxiety attack with tummy tuck

+1

My strong advice is that you meet with the doctor that prescribes your anti-anxiety regimen and see what adjustments they can make to your medicines to keep your mind healthy during the procedure and the immediate post-operative period. Good luck.

Tummy tuck

+1

I do not think this will affect your operation, but you should bring it up with your surgeon at your appointment.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Anxiety - Will This Effect my Operation?

+1

This won't affect your operation, although it could make your recovery more unpleasant. There is not much info to go on here, so you might address this question to your surgeon. Thanks, best wishes for an uneventful recovery.