Antibacterial Wipe After Botox?

Hi...I got botox today and when I went to the car I wiped off the little blood specks with a Wet One...then realized it was antibacterial!!! Did I mess it up??? Please let me know...I'm stressed!!!!

Antibacterial wipe post Botox. OK?

+1

As you described what happened, you should be just fine.  Please don't worry about having messed something up.  Remember it takes 4 days to start seeing results.  

Antibacterial wipe after Botox?

+1

Using an antibacterial wipe after Botox will not be a problem. I hope this helps, and enjoy the results of your Botox treatment!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

After Botox

+1

Using an antibacterial wipe will not affect your Botox results and often times these are used before the treatment to clean the area.  I would just becareful with the amount of pressure one uses to clean the area.  I always tell patients to pat the area where Botox was injected instead of wiping it so that the Botox does not diffuse into areas we do not want it to go to.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Botox and antibiotic wipe after

+1

No, using a topical antibiotic wipe to remove blood post-Botox injection won't have any affect on your treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

BOTOX contains no bacteria.

+1

The wet wipe will not affect your treatment in any way.  I often prepare the skin for BOTOX treatment using a skin cleaner that is essentially a fancy wet wipe.  So forgettaboutit.  This will have absolutely no bearing on your treatment.

It's hard to mess up your Botox once it's done safely: Antibacterial wipes won't hurt it.

+1

Catgury,

Don't worry about messing up your Botox. Wiping the skin with an antibacterial wipe right after treatment won't hurt the Botox, and if you have used those wipes before without a problem, won't hurt you either. I'm sorry you left the office with blood specks on you though. I hope your doctor will make sure you're cleared for social viewing before you leave the office next time. Enjoy your Botox!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Antibacterial wipe after Botox?

+1

Not to worry, using an antibacterial wipe will not effect your result. In general, you should avoid the following after your Botox treatment:

1) Lying down immediately after the procedure
2) Intense physical activity the first few hours after your procedure

I hope this helps, and enjoy the result of your Botox treatment!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

+1

It shouldn't impact your Botox.  Don't stress over this.  An antibacterial applied topically should make no difference.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Antibacterial wipe after Botox

+1

You have not caused any problem by using an antibacterial wipe after your Botox injections.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

No need to worry

+1

Wiping off the "little blood specks" after botox injection will not have any impact on the efficacy of the injections themselves. So no need to worry. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon