Anti-aging Laser Treatment for Sun Damaged 41 Year Old?

I'm 41 and look good for my age but would like to be pro-active at this point . What laser treatments for sun damage, fine lines, larger pores, and facial redness are best for me to start now?

Non-ablative or combined ablative-nonablative Erbium laser resurfacing is best

+1

Ablative laser resurfacing is excellent for fine lines and wrinkles and sun damage.

However you also say that you have enlarged pores and redness--aggressive ablative CO2 laser resurfacing can enlarge pores and worsen redness and Rosacea.

I would start with Non-ablative 1540 Erbium laser resurfacing-you will need 3-4 sessions. This will improve fine lines and wrinkles, reduce pore size, and significantly improve your skin texture.

You may well be happy with these non ablative no down time treatments alone. However, if after 3 treatments you want more wrinlkle removal, skin tightening around the mouth, improvement in crow's feet, then I would do a 4th session combining the 1540 Erbium non-ablative treatment with a fractional ablative 2940 Erbium treatment.

Recovery time, comfort and skin texture are all better with the Erbium. Down time is about a third of that of CO2.

If your redness flares or you have Rosacea, your best option is non-ablative laser resurfacing followed by IPL or Photofacial in th e550-650nm range.

Laser treatments, sun-damaged skin

+1

There are numerous lasers available to treat sun damage and fine lines of aging. Fraxel is an excellent option to rejuvenate your skin and diminish the appearance of fine lines. In addition to lasers, chemical peels may have a role also in improving the texture of your skin. A good skin care regime should also include a retinol such as Retin-A as well as topical vitamin C.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to see what treatment or combination of treatments is best for your particular skin type.

William Bruno, MD

Anti-aging laser treatment for sun damaged 41 year old?

+1

Hello

Hard to answer this question without a picture of what your skin looks like.

In general, I would recommend a non-ablative device and the photorejuvenation process. You would have a series of treatments and then if necessary, can have occasional maintenance treatments. All of your concerns could be addressed with such treatment - fine wrinkles, redness, sun damage, etc.

Michael Kulick, MD