Anthem BCBS Approved My TT Surgery. How Do I Find a Surgeon?

I have just been approved for a Surgical Code 15830 Panniculectomy, BCBS approved the surgery very quickly.I understand that a Complete Abdominoplasty or Extended Tummy Tuck are considered COSMETIC. I am trying to find a Physician that will possibly accept my insurance approval as a partial payment, and pay out of pocket for the remainder.I am having a difficult time finding a Dr, that not only accepts Anthem BCBS, but one that is Board Certified,and willing to work with me. To good to be true?

How Do I Find a Surgeon?

+2

Your insurance company should have a directory of plastic surgeons who are participating physicians. Check that list against the listing for your city of the ASPS, American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find a surgeon who is board certified and a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization.

+1

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.

Finding a tummy tuck surgeon that takes BCBS

+1

Ask your insurance company for a list of plastic surgeons on their panel.  Please check this list against the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).  If you come up short, call some of the Board Certified Plastic Surgeons on the ASPS list.  Sometimes the patient co-ordinator can find a way to handle this, even if you are "out of network".  Most Plastic Surgeons offer financing plans as well.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Insurance coverage for panniculectomy

+1

Dear PB from LP:

Congratulations on getting your panniculectomy covered. It is becoming more and more difficult to get any skin excisions covered by insurance.  I'm glad to hear you've done and continue to do your homework. You are correct.   The additional work for an extended tummy tuck will carry additional costs for the cosmetic portions.   But, your insurance covered portion can definitely help offset some of the costs.   There are several board certified plastic surgeon's in your area on this realself.com forum.  We would be happy to visit with you in one of our Houston area office locations.  Please contact one of our coordinators and insurance specialists who can assist you.   Wishing you all the best!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Plastic surgeons on your plan

+1

Your insurance can easily give you a list of Board Certified Plastic surgeons in your area.  Good luck

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon