My nose looks like it's cut in the middle, and looks like an extension? (photo)

From the picture you can tell that the surgeon made a mess. Looking at the picture, do you think a surgery is necessary?

Rhinoplasty Question

+2

Based on your photo, you appear to be a great candidate for Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.  You are not a filler candidate. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries, as reconstruction with cartilage grafts maybe needed.  Best wishes!

No fillers, please! But I believe improvements can be made.

+2

Hi,

I know it's just one photo that you posted, but there are generally ways to improve the areas that you complain about in a revision rhinoplasty. 

The "dents" can often be filled in with cartilage grafting, and they can be made further inconspicuous by lowering prominences of bone next to the dents.

Then, I don't know whether this bothers you, but the tip of your nose can be raised, too. Whenever a nose is a little smaller, the bothersome features often are less noticeable. I shortened your nose in my morph.

My guess is that the doctor who recommended fillers or fat grafting does not perform revision rhinoplasty. Respectfully, I just think that's not a good solution for what I see in your photo.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

My nose looks like it's cut in the middle, and looks like an extension?

+1

It is hard to make an assessment from one photo, but I do think a revision rhinoplasty could address those issues.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.