Lumps 10 months after Liposuction. Do I Need Another Surgery?

lipo of the abs and flanks 10 months ago. Now I have lumps on my lower left ab, the lower right and the top left next to belly button. left flank is not smooth like the right and there is an indentation on my flank and lumps. Stomach is not flat like it was after surgery. My belly pops out like I am pregnant and I can pinch plenty. When I sit there are rolls of fat like before surgery. muffin top hangs over pants again. Do I need more fat taken out/revison? Why was I flat after surgey and now not?

Liposuction revision

+2

Without photos it is difficult to answer your questions. Also what type of liposuction was performed. Tumescent where fluid is injected and aspirated or laser liposuction where laser is used aswell. Usually I like to weight up to 1 year before considering revision but if the irregularities are soft earlier revision is possible.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Residual Muffin Top

+1

There are several possibilities including residual skin laxity, residual fat, unrecognized fluid collection, etc.  Only an exam can sort these issues out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Another surgery

+1

It is difficult to tell you what exactly you need without an exam. If you have a muffin top that may be due to excess loose skin.  You may  need a skin excision procedure.

Post Operative Liposuction Asymmetries

+1

Thank you for the question. It is very difficult to give an accurate opinion without the aid of pictures or even better an in-person exam. At this point in your post operative course it is highly unlikely that you will see any further improvements in your contour. While it sounds as though you will require a revision understand that if you do not develop/follow an exercise program along with a change in eating habits, the fat will return.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Revision after liposuction

+1

It is difficult to answer this question without pictures or an in person examination.  Generally after 10 months, you are not going to see any significant further changes.  Therefore, if there are contour abnormalities, revision surgery can be considered.  It is also important to remember that while liposuction does remove fat cells, the remaining fat can get larger if you do not keep a good diet and exercise program.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS