How Soon is Too Soon to Have Another Surgery?

Im 5ft 1 in and 150 lbs. I lost 110lbs with the gastric sleeve and was planning to have the mommy makeover last week but came up with Perforated Appendicitis and had my appendix removed Sept 3 2012(labor day) and still in some pain, so my plastic surgery plans had to be canceled. How soon is too soon to have surgery again. I'm so afraid that I wont heal well if my body is still recovering from another surgery.

Wait at least 3 months between surgeries

+1

I would wait at least 3 months between major surgeries and longer if you are still not back to 100%. A mommy makeover is an elective procedure and should only be performed under ideal circumstances!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Hos long do I have to wait?

+1

I agree, 3 months after that type of infection if you plan on doing implants, otherwise 6 weeks should work well. I would make sure you have clearance for an additional surgery from your general surgeon before any operation.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How soon can you have a mommy makeover after surgery?

+1

Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery over Labor Day, but glad that you are doing well.  Since you are still recovering from your appendectomy, you should probably wait at least 3-6 months before having your mommy makeover.  You are right with your concerns about trying to recover from another major surgery right after your appendectomy -- your body needs time to heal and recover.  I would suggest that you discuss your plans with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover after appendectomy

+1

You should probably wait at least 4-6 months after your appendix surgery before having your Mommy Makeover.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you decide when it is safe to do the Mommy Makeover.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

+1

If a breast implant is part of your makeover, three months is safe (counting from a healed wound in the event your incision was left open). Otherwise there is too high a risk of implant infection, which can result in two (or more) additional operations that were not planned for. 

If no implants, six weeks is probably enough provided you are feeling well enough. 

Thanks for the question, best wishes.