I am not happy with the size difference and the position of my left nipple. Do I Need Another Surgery? (photo)

I had an areola lift and BA for 7 weeks ago. I understand that I could not have a complete lift due to the mini lift (suggested by my PS) but I am not happy with the size difference and the position of my left nipple. This is despite a bigger implant in my LB. I also have a dimple in my RB which really bothers me. My PS wants to talk me out of a revision surgery and I am worried if another surgery will cause more complications. Your advice much appreciated.

Breast augmentation asymmetry versus breast lift asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Since it is early in your recovery process I would wait longer as additional changes in your breast will occur with the remainder of your healing process.  Your left breast appears to have a different shape at it lower pole.  This may be an indication of additional volume needed but more likely it is an internal pocket issue that may resolve with some additional passage of time.  Once you do not see any additional changes occurring with your breasts and all of the healing has finishes you could have your breast shape asymmetry, if an any, addressed as well as any areola size and position asymmetry addressed.  If you look closely at your photos your areolas are horizontally relatively symmetric but your left breast lower half is less than your right breast lower half.  This may be related to the implant/pocket issues discussed above.

Dr Remus Repta

Secondary procedures post augmentation

+1

At seven weeks it is premature in my opinion to consider revisional surgery since your concerns are aesthetic, and reasonably so.  You should give it 3-6 months before deciding if a revision is necessary and what the best option(s) would be.  The right breast "dimple" will likely improve somewhat, possibly to an acceptable level, by then.  The left nipple areolar complex can be repositioned and sized in the future as needed as well.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

Hello. While some of your issues will resolve within 6-9 months, I recommend that you see your plastic surgeon as a revision surgery will most likely be needed. Surgeries always carry the risk of complication, but the risks are lower if the procedure is done by an experienced, board certified, plastic surgeon. If you are not confident with your surgeon you should get the opinions of other doctors to be safe.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Revisional surgery

+1

You need to wait at least six months before having a revision...several of your issues may resolve by then...your left nipple position may need to be elevated slightly, but this is easily done under local anesthesia if necessary.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Revisionary Breast Surgery Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is nicely presented in the photos you have posted. However, given that you are only 7 weeks out of your breast procedure, it will be in her best interest to continue to be patient before deciding whether revisionary breast surgery will be helpful in your case. You may find that some (if not all) is of your concerns will improve over the course of the next several months. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and reevaluation at the 6 month point.

Periareolar mastopexy 7 weeks post op

+1

Seven weeks post up is still pretty early to determine if a revisional surgery is needed.  I always tell patients that the implants are in their final place 3 months after surgery.  Hopefully during this interum your left implant will drop and even out with the right.  Also, the dimpling along your right breast should subside.  With a periareolar lift like you had, pleating is expected, and usually resolves within a couple of months.  I know it's difficult but try to be patient, wound healing is a very slow process. I hope this helps and good luck!

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon