Do I Need Another Round of Liposuction? (photo)

Had tumescent lipo 10 months ago....I asked this question earlier but forgot to include pics. Super falt day of and now muffin top is back and have some lumps and uneven left flank. Do I need more lipo?? Not only for the lumps and flank but was enough taken out in the first place? PS said he would mess it up bad if he went back in.

Can I have another round of liposuction?

+2

Yes you can have more liposuction if there are uneven areas.  This is reasonable to do.  I can see the flank area that you are referring too.  You should have before and after photos to compare these areas.  You should also have a weight before the procedure and the weight you are now in the office of your surgeon so there can be a comparison to make sure a change in weight is also not another factor.

Do I Need Another Round of Liposuction?

+1

I think your result can be significantly improved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven liposuction

+1

There may be several issues:

• if the muffin top returned, chances are you regained what liposuction removed. Surgery is not the answer - the fat will come back.
  • Hard lumps may be internal scar. Steroid injections may help.
  • Uneven results may improve touch up liposuction.

Why not have your plastic surgeon take photos of you as you are now and that together you compare the before/afters to figure out what to do. 

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Is more liposution and option

+1

Your surgeon knows best if you could benefit from more liposuction without excessive risks for complications as he was actually in there the first time and has seen been seeing you afterwards. I would weigh his opinion heavily. Consider getting second opinions from plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don't shop around until you find one who agrees to do more lipo, listen to their opinion on the risks and benefits. If you keep hearing the same thing your own surgeon says, then that's probably the way to go. If several experienced,  qualified, well-respected surgeons in your area offer to do more liposuction, then it's probably safe.

My opinion is enjoy your results and keep up your healthy lifefestyle.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Revision liposuction

+1

It is very hard to see the detail in the photos because they do not show the shadowing well.  Certainly it is worth looking into by exam. Good luck.