21 y.o. female. Primary Rhinoplasty 3 yrs ago and then a revision 2 yrs ago. Should I Get Another Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am a 21 year old female. I had my primary rhinoplasty three years ago and then a revision two years ago. Although my dorsal hump was removed,I am quite unhappy with the results (especially the tip). The revision was for the indentation. In both surgeries my PS told me that he removed fat and cartilage to get a more refined tip. He said the size was due to my thickness of my skin and there was nothing else he could do. Are kenalog injections a viable option or should I get another revision?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Karma5

There is good news for you.

You do not need to travel to Houston to find a surgeon with over 25 years of nasal surgery and vast experience in revision rhinoplasty.

In my expert opinion your photos show that the bone was reduced in your nose to a satisfactory degree but not the cartilagenous lower portion. If you were my patient, I would suggest a "tip+" rhinoplasty which would modify the lower part of your nose and leave the upper part alone. Two years have passed since your last operation. It is enough.

You are not my patient and I would need to examine your nose.

I would not inject steroids into your nose. It will not help and can harm.

It is reasonable for you to have reasonable expectations for an improvement in your nose after another revision of the lower nose.

You are in a good situation. There is something to be done which is likely to help you.

Best

Dr Sadove

Gainesville

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Thick Nasal Tip Skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

Kenalog injections may be helpful  with your thick nasal skin, but I suggest you get a second opinion. I'm not suggesting that your surgeon did anything wrong, just that careful examination by another surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty may be helpful. That would be much better than us trying to provide advice on the basis of your pictures without seeing you.

3rd rhinoplasty

+1
From the photos you submitted, it appears you have very thick skin. This requires a different approach than a typical rhinoplasty. You already had two surgeries , and each revision is more complicated. My advise would be to consult with a different surgeon. one that specializes in rhinoplasty. You may have to travel outside of Gainsville to a larger city.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon