I'm still a little self conscious about my nose. Should I get another Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty over a year ago to straighten my nose and lift a droopy tip. I was wondering if you see anything that could be revised again. I'm still a little self conscious about my nose. thank you

Revision Rhinoplasty (Again)

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. First, let me say that your nose has a nice size and contour, and seems to fit your face. I do agree that there is some asymmetry of the nostril and perhaps a slight twist to the tip.  Though the difference between sides is very minor, fixing this may not be. If the underlying cartilage structure has been twisted or one side is weaker than the other, a more complex revision procedure may be needed. Lastly, with each revision surgery, the healing time is somewhat longer. This is a difficult decision -- please see a few consults before deciding to move forward.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear self_1,

1. The goal of another revision rhinoplasty would be to meet your expectations
  2. The first thing to do is to determine what would make you happy
  3. An in-depth exam and consultation with a revision rhinoplasty expert would be necessary to answer all of your questions and manage your expectations

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Need for Another Revision?

+1

The views that you submitted are very limited. Please send a complete set of nasal pictures as described on my website. What is it about your nose that you don't like?

Should I Get Another Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

It would be helpful to see preoperative photos do determine the original architecture of your nose.  There is some nostril asymmetry that is present that may be improved with revision. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to see all aspects of your nose from the views posted. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Revision Rhinoplasty to Correct Asymmetric Nostrils

+1

Thanks for the question and photos. There is some asymmetry of your nostrils with the right being a bit more retracted (higher) than the left. There are essentially two options for correction with a revision rhinoplasty. You could either lower the right nostril slightly with a thin cartilage graft (rim graft) or raise the left nostril slightly by shaving back the lower lateral cartilage on this side. The decision would depend on which side you prefer aesthetically. In either case, the surgery is relatively short and straightforward and could possibly be done under local anesthesia if you would like.

Other than that, your nose looks fairly well balanced aesthetically, from what I can tell in these few photos. Are there other issues regarding the nose which are making you feel self-conscious? Your bridge is slightly convex, but quite natural looking. Some patients do prefer a straight or slightly concave (lower) bridge. Computer imaging may be useful to help visualize changes in the appearance of your nose, to see if you would like to make any other adjustments. This can be done in the setting of a rhinoplasty consultation or at home, with the Virtual Rhinoplasty app on our website. In any case, I would highly recommend that you only seek consultations with board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty, as this surgery requires a great deal of specific training and experience. 

All the best!

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is a difficult operation due to scar tissue and blood supply issues. In my office I would not answer this question right away, but would ask you "what do you want to change about your nose?"  Just from the photos I see a small notch of the nostril and a mild poly beak deformity (no break point between the tip and the dorsal nose).  Revision can fix this, but at the cost of increased risk.

Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1

Although you may think there may be other things that can be done to your nose again, you will have to come to an end point regarding cosmetic surgery and in your case rhinoplasty. Perfection is desirable but may not be achievable because what is a  perfect nose depends on who it belongs to. Short answer to your question is yes, there are always more things you can try to correct and if you wait long enough someone in this site will give multiple suggestions as to what can be done to make your nose better particularly "if you go to an experienced doctor!". Bottom line know when to say it is enough. Good luck

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon