Will I Need Another Breast Procedure to Correct Tuberous Breast? (photo)

I am really unhappy with my breast augmentation. They appear MORE tuberous than they did originally - now my natural breast tissue just droops off the mound of the implant. It has been 10 weeks since my procedure. When I flex, my breasts look like they are seriously deformed. I am still wearing a sports/soft padded bra.. they are also still very hard and don't move naturally.. Surgeon said he did radial incisions to released constriction... Do I need more surgery? Should I have them removed?

Revision for Augmented Tuberous Breasts at 10 Weeks

+1

The amount of constriction present before surgery was extreme as evidenced by the very short distance from the nipple areola complex to the old inframammary fold.  It appears as though you are animating on the frontal shot.  If the animation is a problem there are multiple ways to manage this.  You should wait for 6 months before contemplating a revision. 

Tuberous breasts

+1

These are some of the most difficult problems that plastic surgeons deal with. It is hard to make any judgement without seeing pre op photos. The postops are ok, but are dark and not standard views--straight frontal and side. I am also not sure what exactly was done at surgery. 

The constriction of the lower pole looks rather severe, and may not have been adequately addressed. It might be well to move the implants to the subglandular position, and to deal with the areolas.

At this stage I would let things settle for a few more months before any repeat surgery, but discussing with your surgeon and if you choose, other surgeons can be started any time. 

All the best. 

You will need breast revision.

+1

Hi.

This a failed correction of tuberous breasts.  Difficult surgery.  Nothing to do for four months. Get two other opinions about how to make this better, because for sure it can be better.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Unhappy after surgery for tuberous breast

+1

What is unique about a tuberous breast is the constricted skin envelope and correction is not routine cosmetic surgery. At this stage you might be best to wait six months or so to see if the skin envelope will relax and work into the implant. Later it might be necessary to reduce the nipple protrusion. Also a smaller implant in a subglandular position might be a solution to give a better marriage between implant and breast and solve the muscle deformation. No easy solution is at hand.

Tuberous breast surgery

+1

Yes, I believe you will need another procedure. Tuberous breast correction is often a tricky procedure and commonly needs revision surgery.

Correction of tuberous breasts

+1

correction of tuberous breasts

• this may take several steps
  • over the muscle sometimes helps
  • biplaner method under the muscle helps
  • periareolar reduction helps