Can I Have Another Alarplasty After my Nose Heals from my Initital Rhinoplasty with Alarplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty + tiplasty + alarplasty 11 days ago. My surgeon said he would trim down the the base of my nose to the same width as the space between my eyes. Right now, the base of my nose is still wider than the space between my eyes. I know I'm supposed to wait for my nose to heal to judge it, but I don't think that the base will shrink like the tip and bridge. Will it? If not, can I have another alarplasty again after? How many months after do you advise it?

Revision alarplasty

+2

It is still very soon after your procedure, and there is a considerable amount of swelling present.  In general, the results of an alar base reduction are evident immediately.  However, swelling that results from tip work can also influence the appearance of the nostrils.  In addition, there may be some slight swelling from the alar base reduction itself.  I would give it a few months before worrying and contemplating a second alar base reduction.  If there were any revision to take place, I would recommend waiting at least 6 months before undergoing a revision alarplasty. Thanks and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alarplasty Following Rhinoplasty

+2

After waiting another 10-12 months for your nose to heal a revision of your alarplasty can be done. Hopefully it will not be necessary.

Alarplasty revision

+2

You are early to have a revision of your alarplasty.  It will take months before your swelling goes down.  Give it some time to heal.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty and Alarplasty

+2
It is way to early to make any decisions regarding a revision rhinoplasty or alarplasty. The swelling in the nose dissipates from top to bottom. The first three months 70% of the swelling is gone and then the final 30% dissipates slowly up to a full year. The tip being the last to heal. Let some time go by and let the healing process take place. If your still unhappy then you may want to get a second opinion and consult with a surgeon. Set a proper diagnosis and surgical plan. The goal is to make the nose natural looking and aesthetically pleasing in harmony with your other features. Time is on your side so relax and don't worry yourself to much. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD