Why Do I Have Anisocoria After Restylane Injections?

I had restylane injections under my eyes 11mths ago & within 24hrs i noticed that one pupil was much larger than the other. The condition lasted until i went to bed & when i woke up it was almost gone. Since then i have noticed a constant small difference & transiently a significant variance in size. Often the affected eye feels almost dry or agitated like i need to blink. The injections were very close to the eyes & the situation doesnt seem to be improving as the restylane wears off. Thanks

Anisocoria after Restylane injection is rare

+1

Anisocoria after Restylane injection is rare. Restylane may be mixed with anesthetic, which may have epinephrine which can cause changes in the pupil, but that should go away.

Restylane

+1

you have a very unusual side effect, if it in fact was caused by the Restylane. You should schedule a consultation with a neuroophthalmologist to try to evaluate your condition.

Ronald Shelton, MD