Difference Between Anesthetist and Anesthesiologist?

Is there a difference between an anesthetist and an anesthesiologist? Is it safe to have a face lift, or neck lift under anethesia that was administered by an anesthetist, in a plastic surgeon's office facility? That is, they have operating rooms and say it has some qualifying certification.

An Anesthesiologist is a doctor and an Anesthetist is a nurse

This is a significant difference you have touched upon! Such an important difference, in fact, that the AAAASF (the most demanding of all accreditation agencies for a plastic surgeon's OR) requires that you have an MD Anesthesiologist. The doctor clearly has a higher level of training and responsibility and this is a saftey issue for the patients in sorting out who to go to for your surgery.