What Anesthesia is Used on Non-surgical Nostril Reduction?

I have seen a doctor's website that shows non-surgical nostril reduction done on a patient and the results looked quite promising. My question is on nostril reduction; is only local anesthesia needed (meaning you aren't put to sleep)?

Or is "passing out" a must with this case? Any way to decrease/narrow nostrils non-surgically for a fact? Sorry if this is redundant as I'm very interested to know; I'd appreciate a solid answer on this procedure as I'm getting mixed messages. Thank you.

Non-surgical Nostril reduction anesthesia

+1

I agree with the previous posts.

I believe the title "Non-surgical Nostril reduction" is an over reach. In the LEAST, flaring nostrils can be brought to the center with the placement of a cinching, permanent suture. This CAN be done with injection of a local anesthetic, BUT I would be uneasy describing putt ting a stitch across the opening floor of the nose - a NONSURGICAL procedure.

Other techniques, described as WEIR Excisions, actually cut a piece of the side wall of the nostril out stitching the remaining walls together. Again - it can be done under local, but HOW can you describe it as being nonsurgical?

I hope this was helpful.

Ask your doctor

+1

But - if it is non surgical then there should be no anesthesia. I have been operating on noses for over 35 years and to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a non surgical nasal or tip reduction. Good luck -- maybe they hypnotize you into believing that your nose is smaller.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD