What Anesthesia is Used on Non-surgical Nostril Reduction?

I have seen a doctor's website that shows non-surgical nostril reduction done on a patient and the results looked quite promising. My question is on nostril reduction; is only local anesthesia needed (meaning you aren't put to sleep)?

Or is "passing out" a must with this case? Any way to decrease/narrow nostrils non-surgically for a fact? Sorry if this is redundant as I'm very interested to know; I'd appreciate a solid answer on this procedure as I'm getting mixed messages. Thank you.

Non-surgical Nostril reduction anesthesia

+1

I agree with the previous posts.

I believe the title "Non-surgical Nostril reduction" is an over reach. In the LEAST, flaring nostrils can be brought to the center with the placement of a cinching, permanent suture. This CAN be done with injection of a local anesthetic, BUT I would be uneasy describing putt ting a stitch across the opening floor of the nose - a NONSURGICAL procedure.

Other techniques, described as WEIR Excisions, actually cut a piece of the side wall of the nostril out stitching the remaining walls together. Again - it can be done under local, but HOW can you describe it as being nonsurgical?

I hope this was helpful.

Ask your doctor

+1

But - if it is non surgical then there should be no anesthesia. I have been operating on noses for over 35 years and to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a non surgical nasal or tip reduction. Good luck -- maybe they hypnotize you into believing that your nose is smaller.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Nose reshaping is surgical

+1

Hi,

Any surgery on the nose can be done with local anesthetic or general anesthesia or sedation. Nostril reduction can easily be done with simple local anesthesia.

However, you need to be careful with the non surgical stuff. Rhinoplasty is surgical. Period! It is rare for a patient to get great results with fillers to the nose. Some do. Not many if you are critical of the work and analyze it carefully.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon