Can Hair Dye React with Anesthesia?

I'm an African-American woman who plans to have her hair relaxed, then dyed (a moderate) red. I also plan on having jaw surgery and a rhinoplasty.  I'm scared that the dye might react negatively with the anesthesia they'll give me during the surgery. Which one should I have done first, and is there a certain amount of time that I should allow to pass before the second? Thanks.

Hair Dye and Anesthesia

+1

I am not aware of any interaction between any anesthetic and hair dye. As long as you are not having a procedure that will require incisions near the hairline, hair dye application shortly after surgery should not be a problem.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effect of hair dye and anesthesia

+1

I am not aware of any reactions between the anesthetic and the hair dye. Sometimes during surgery blood can get into your hair. The blood is typically cleansed and sometimes these cleansers can effect or lighten your hair.