Anemic with Slow Blood Circulation Considering Mommy Makeover

I had 2 C-Sections in the past 10 years. I gained 65 lbs. with my last pregnancy 2 1/2 years ago, and have lost 55 lbs by dieting and exercising. Unfortunately, I have loose skin in my abdomen and saggy breasts. I am 15 pounds away from my ideal weight.

The reason for my concern about Mommy Makeover is that I am anemic--about 10 or 11 and I have problems with my blood circulation. I am very nervous, but I have worked so hard to lose all the weight, but I can't get rid of the loose skin without surgery. Thank you for your time.

Consult With a Board-Certified Surgeon Regarding Undergoing Mommy Makeover Surgery

+1

Based on your history of loose abdominal skin and saggy breasts you would appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. When this procedure is performed safety is always a priority. For this reason, it’s important that every patient undergo a comprehensive medical evaluation prior to surgery.

Your history of anema and slow blood circulation should be appropriately investigated before proceeding with surgery. Once these issues have been adequately addressed it should be reasonable to proceed with surgery.

It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience performing mommy makeover surgery. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate plan for your condition. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Health Concerns and Mommy Makeover

+1

Mommy Makeovers are very safe and effective. We ensure safety through a proper physical exam, blood tests, a clearance from your primary doctor and a meetinfg with our board certified anesthesiologist. Safety should always be your forst priority. Choosing the right operation, for the right problem, and in the right patient is the key to sucess. A mommy makeover is a combination od tummy tuck, in which the essence of the procedure is tightening your core, then secondarily redraping your skin to show off that tight core. The core tightening is essential because without it just skin removal is in effective. As we all know, skin stretches and will accomodate whatever the infrastructure (core) happens to be. Secondly a  breast procedure is done, usually implants to create a nutural, frash more youthful appearance. There is also some liposuction invloved arounf the flanks and hips to really shape the visible silhoutte. Given all this surgery and the general anesthesia we take extra preacaution to ensure your number one asset...yoiur health. As an adjunct I always give herbal supplements to help reduce the swelling and bruising. The treatment plans are as varied as the individuals.  Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon. After you meet him/her you will immediately know if they are the right surgeon to help you accomplish your goals.  Good luck on your procedure!!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Mommy Makeover Safety?

+1

It will be necessary for you to be seen by your internist for  physical workup/laboratory testing  prior to your procedure.

Assuming you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon and board-certified anesthesiologists in a fully accredited  surgery center/hospital ( and have had medical clearance prior to surgery)  you will be extremely likely to have a safe procedure.

Consult a Qualified Plastic Surgeon

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!! It is impossible to accurately comment on your situation without understanding more about the nature of your anemia and poor circulation. Certainly, if these two conditions cannot be improved pre-operatively, then they put you at a higher risk for complications and may rule you out as a candidate. It is also possible that a modified surgery could be performed which would be a simple removal of the lower abdominal excess skin, a panniculectomy, in lieu of a full abdominalplasty. The healing and blood loss from this modified procedure is less demanding. You need to consult a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to review your case in detail to fully understand your options. Good Luck.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Medical Clearance

+1

If you were my patient I would require medical Clearance from your Internist. I would need to understand the cause for the anemia and make certain that you could safely have an elective surgical procedure.  Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Anemia and Mommy Makeover

+1

Mild anemia is a common issue we see in patients. I would recommend you visit with your family doc or internist to make sure that your anemia has been worked up and treated appropriately. Once you have obtained medicine clearance for surgery, you should be fine to proceed with surgery.  

Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include: Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover candidates

+1

Your body concerns and current weight make you sound like a great candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  Your mild anemia likely won't be an issue, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have "slow circulation".  I would want to investigate that further to find out what's going on. I would also request clearance from your primary doctor. 

This is elective surgery and is only done for people who are stable and healthy enough to undergo the surgery.  Hopefully, you'll be one of those---I would go ahead and seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon, then go from there.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Anemia should be corrected prior to mommy makeover

+1

Mommy makeover is elective surgery, and all your health concerns should be addressed prior to the operation. Anemia may be easily corrected depending on the underlying cause, and your concerns with circulation problems need to be evaluated before proceeding.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Medical clearance

+1

There is a lot of information that is obtained as part of your medical history during your preop visit.  How old are you is the first question and then what tupe of ciruclation problems do you have?  These are just a few thoughts off the top of my head. You  more than likely would need medical clearance.

Correct Anemia before Mommy Makeover

+1

Anemia is quite common in women.  Although you do not want to be anemic prior to surgery, your doctor should be able to get yours corrected which will allow you to have your surgery.  It sounds like a Mommy Makeover will be the perfect choice for you!

Randy J. Buckspan, MD