Rhinoplasty to Change "Androgynous" Look

I am looking to have Rhinoplasty done because I think my nose makes my face look masculine and I would like to look more feminine. I get so sick of people saying, "Is that a woman or a man?" I totally hate my androgynous look. I wanted to know, would getting a Rhinoplasty help, or should I have something else done, such as a chin reduction or soemthing of that nature. I have tried all the makeup you can think of. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks going for second consultation

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

African American Rhinoplasty - Androgenous Look

+2

Hi,

I think what makes your nose look "androgynous" is the broadness of your bridge. If you narrow your bridge and add a little height to it, you can make it look more feminine. You can should also have your nose imaged to see how the changes will affect your facial features.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

+2

First off, I think you are being extremely hard on yourself.

Yes, you can achieve an improvement with some changes to your nose but I would not do anything to your chin. Subtle changes can go a long way.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acheiving a natural rhinoplasty result

+2

You would do very well with a rhinoplasty and softening of the nasal dorsum.  This would harmonize features of your face in a natural way.  I would accentuate the features that you like and soften the areas that you don't. 

Web reference: http://www.karemd.com

Masculine looking nose in African American Female

+2

You have a somewhat difficult ethnic nose.  I agree that it is wide, and would benefit from narrowing.  You also have some irregularities from side viewe that would benefit from straightening,  The dorsum is low and the skin is thick, so I recommend that you will need an osteotomy (nasal bone fracture to narrow), and a dorsal graft with cartilege- possibly from rib to build up the dorsum height.

I can't see the nostrils but the shape/direction may also be changed for a more femine configuration.

Your lips are a bit large and there is significant asymmetry of the lower lip.  This could be refined to feminize your appearance.

Finally, I think you would need a chin augmentation to balance your appearance, if your teeth/jaws occlude normally.

Hope this helps.

sek

Rhinoplasty to change androgynous look

+1
Only you can decide what is / are the reasons for you feeling like you appear masculine. Certainly a heavy appearing nose is not typically a feminine appearance, and I can see how a rhinoplasty procedure can nicely help refine the nose. This would include refining and slightly increasing tip projection, narrowing the nostrils, resetting the nasal bones so that they are narrower, and whatever changes are desired.

Web reference: http://www.southfloridarhinoplasty.com/african-and-caribbean-ethnic-rhinoplasty.html

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can certainly soften your look by narrowing the nose and possible adding some dorsal height.

Feminizing the female face.

+1

In doing facial feminization for 35 years, I have found the reining the nose, augmenting the chin, sometimes changing the brow shape and softening the cheeks with fat makes the face more feminine. See a surgeon who does feminization and Afro-American noses frequently and does them well!