What and when Do I Need to Think About or Start Have Surgeries for my Daughter Who Was Attacked by a Dog?

My daughter was attacked by a dog about 10 months ago. It basically ripped her nose off and she is missing the top part of her ear. She already had one surgery for repair her nose and stitch up the damage. There is still quite a bit of scaring on her face. I have been told by her original surgeon that they wont do any reconstructive procedures to her ear until she is 6 or 7. What do I need to look into for her future surgeries? Please help

Dog bite injuries and plastic surgery

+1

Surgery to repair scarring after dog-bite trauma, or any other facial trauma, is often best performed after the scars have had time to mature and fade. Often the scarring gets better after a year and less needs to be done. Reconstructive procedures can be done later once the patient is more fully grown. Find someone who has experience with dog-bite injuries. I'm sorry for your daughter's injury. Dog bites are way too common.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Repair of facial injuries after dog attack.

+1

Repair of facial injuries after dog attack depends on many factors I would need to see her or photographs to give you the best advice. It depends where the injuries are and to what extent. My own daughter had a similar injury so I understand your concern.