What and Which Treatment to Choose?

My question is a general one. With so many different types of laser treatments and fillers out there, and new ones coming out every day, how to decide what to do or choose? One wants to research all procedures and options but that can become too technical and confusing. So my face/body rejuvenation plans remain just dreams. How to find a doctor expert in ALL of the cutting edge treatments available who will give me sincere advise without acting out of self-interest? Or is that asking to much?!

In Cosmetic Care, priorities are everything.

+1

In the Cosmetic field, it is about the clients' priorities, and what is important to them. A good practitioner will spend the time to discuss this with you, then use their expertise to recommend what will give you the "biggest bang for the buck". Find a practice that you are comfortable with, that has a good selection of different types of treatments,( skin care, Botox/dysport/xeomin, fillers, laser, etc), and you should be able to get your "dreams" to come true :) Best Regards, Dr. Deb Irizarry, (debrairizarry.com)

Crestone Plastic Surgeon

Desions, Decisons

+1

Lasers, Fillers and Surgery........which one?  Speak to your experienced Cosmetic Surgeon about what you hope to accomplish and what your current budget will allow you to spend.  I love to hear the good reports about how honest and caring physicians are who always put the patient before the almighty dollar.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to choose your injecting physician

+1

Your question is excellent and yes, you are asking for a lot. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, “The only source of knowledge is experience”. Therefore, the effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors. Look closely at their web sites. Also, ask friends who have had these treatments for their opinions as well.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Which treatments to use for rejuvenation?

+1

Which treatments to choose depends on what the problems are.  The approach is generally to do a thorough evaluation of the patient and his/her medical history, lifestyle, medications, etc, then decide on the best treatments for that particular patient.

The most important issue here is to choose a properly trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon with training and experience in rejuvenation.  Many different "providers" offer many different treatments, and in some states one does not even have to be a doctor to offer treatments like lasers and injectables.  You definitely want a board certified physician in the proper specialty that trains the doctors in cosmetic procedures.

I might add that "cutting edge" is fine but proven procedures that have a history of efficacy and safety are probably the way to go, at least for one who has not had any procedures previously.  

Two organizations that are important to know about for every patient considering cosmetic procedures are Physicians Coalition for Injectable Safety and Physicians Aesthetic Coalition.

I am referencing a blog I wrote about choosing the right cosmetic surgeon.  You may find some helpful information there.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon