What can I do to get rid of the bulge under my eye and will the Juvederm ever dissolve on its own? (photo)

I had a tear through juviderm injection 7 months ago and now there is a bulging on my right side under the eye where the juviderm injection took place. I did couple of injections to dissolve the juviderm and the bulging has gone down but not completely. What else can I do and will it dissolve on its own?

Juvederm

+2
Juvederm will require more injections of hyalironodase to disolve because of the cross linking
make sure it was juvedem

Juvederm under eyes

+1
It appears that you still have puffiness under your eyes.  I would return to your provider and get another treatment of hyaluronidase .  Massaging the area will also be beneficial.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What can I do to get rid of the bulge under my eye and will the Juvederm ever dissolve on its own?

+1
To completely dissolve Juvederm it may take several rounds, up to 3-4 sessions. You can try massaging the area as well

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Lots of great advice

+1
I agree with all the other physicians have said here.  There is lots of great advice.  Get your records and find out exactly what was injected.  Was this done by a physician injector that was a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon?   Try repeated injections of the hyaluronidase.  You will be fine eventually.  My Best Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in the Tear Troughs

+1
I have seen Juvederm last in the tear trough and malar areas for 2 years or more.   Unfortunately,it is usually not in a good way.  Further hyaluronidase injections are indicated.  When considering fillers in this area in the future, I would recommend Restylane or Belotero.  These hyaluronic acid fillers are less hydrophilic and have a less "watery" look under the eyes.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm bulge

+1
I have seen hyaluronic acid products last for years under the eyes. I have used hyaluronidase with success if there's a bulge due to the filler. If it doesn't dissolve with hyaluronidase I would question if hyaluronic acid was injected. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Will be another few months before you know for sure.

+1
Typically Juvederm is resorbed within the first year after injection (though many patients begin to see it going away after 6 months). I'd wait the year to make any kind of assessment. Good luck

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon