Will I Get Somewhere Between B and DD with 375ccs? (photo)

I was measured at Victorias Secret as a 34B, but I think I am a very small B, maybe an A. I want a full C or small D. I know there is no definate way to tell and cup size is subjective. But I definately dont want to end up a B(the same size I currently am wearing). And I definately dont think DD would be appropriate for my body type. I'm 5'3", 130 pounds, somewhat atheletic. I chose to get 350 ccs (saline), but now I am wondering if this is too small, and then I'm concerned 375 is too big...

350 to 400cc Breast Implant For C to D Cup Breast

+1

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon who uses the Mentor Breast Implant Sizing System so that you can get an idea of what various sized breast implants will look like on your body.

From your photograph I believe a 350 cc implant moderate profile plus may give you a beautiful result and possibly provide you with a C cup breast. However if you want to be closer to a D cup then you will may need at least 400 cc.however you need to be examined formally by a board certified plastic surgeon and follow your surgeon's advice.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation and your community.

Implant Selection Process

+1

WIthout doing an exam, I think 350cc will take you to a small D range.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Smaller implants will descend less and are more stable long term

+1

At size 34 B each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  375 cc's would take you up between an E and F.  I recommend a smaller implant, approximately 200 cc's to get you to a large C or small D.  Silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral are superior since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  If you breasts are drooping you would benefit from a simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants will descend less, are more stable long term and less likely to need revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

the volume or cc. is not as important as the shape that you choose. your surgeon is better informed about this than victorias secret:)

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation: Q&AAsk a Question

+1

Dear Kara,

Thank you for your question and photo. 

Don't get hung up on cc's.  Proper choice of implant doesn't really relate to cc's.  Choose an implant that gives you an ideal breast width (not necessarily your current breast width) based on your body dimensions, and then choose the projection, this will give you your cc's.  For example, your current breast width may be 12 cm, but you may have a gap in between your breasts.  Without the gap, your ideal breast dimension may be 12.5 or 13.  You want to go about two cup sizes fuller, so choose a moderate plus projection implant.  The cc's are then decided for you.  Here is an example of a girl with seperated (non-ideal) breasts, corrected with the proper sized implants.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Should I get 350cc or 375cc implants to achieve a full C cup?

+1

It's easier to choose the size of implants when actually examining the patient. But based on your history, your prsent bra size and your desire to want to be a full C/ possible D I would suggest going for the 375cc implants. I think you would be happier with the size. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Dimensional Planning a MUST!

+1

Pick an implant that matches your base width, and a projection to match your desired appearance. You're breasts fluctuate more than 25cc with your menstrual cycle. 375cc likely a C or even the magical "full C", 475cc would be a nice D. Neither are a DD.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant size anxiety

+1

A 350 cc implant would seem appropriate for your size and shape and should take you up about 2 cup sizes.  I believe that this would accomplish your goal.  At our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This takes the guess work out of picking an implants size.  We have been using the system for over one year and with 100 patients no complaints about size.  

Right size for 5'3" 130 lbs to be C-D

+1

You have an average size frame.  The photos looks like at least an A but not quite a B.  I would estimate if you want to be a full C around 375 cc is a good choice.  If you want to be more of a small D around 425 cc would be the next option.  Careful measurement of the base width would be important to select the shape and cleavage you want.  Dr.  Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

375 cc implants will surely deliver something between a B and double D cup.

+1

The difference between the two cup sizes is quite large. Certainly a 375 cc implant will result in at least a C cup and possibly larger.