What Exactly Would Be Done? And How Much Would It Cost?

My nose has a somewhat large dorsal hump, a droopy nose tip that is bulbous and hangs over even more when i smile, and the bridge of the nose and tip and the nostrils are all just a little bit too wide.What could be done? For example, if you broke my nose to remove the dorsal hump, would that make my nose bridge just a tad bit thinner? I'd like the bridge a bit thinner, the dorsal hump a bit removed, the tip of the nose lifted and 'shrunk' a little, and the nostrils 'cinched'. Estimate?

Cost of rhinoplasty to address dorsal hump & droopy nasal tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves removing the dorsal hump and osteotomies to prevent and open rood deformity.  A droopy nose tip can be elevated to have a nasolabial angle.  The bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of cartilage removal and tip cartilage suturing techniques.  Releasing the depressor septi prevents tip drooping upon smiling.  Our fee for rhinoplasty is $7,012 and includes the operating room, surgeon’s fee, and anesthesia.

+1

Aesthetically speaking, there's a wide range of things that can be done to a nose during Rhinoplasty but without photos there's no way to evaluate your nose.

Rhinoplasty costs and expectations

+1

In general terms it would be possible to correct your droopy or ptotic tip and reduce the bulbous size of your nose. Also, the hump could be taken down and the bridge narrowed accordingly. However, it would be hard to go into any more details without seeing a photograph. The estimated costs would be 5200 to 5500 in our area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Rhinoplasty Could Accomplish All of The Things You Mention

+1

Without photos it is hard to say for sure, but all of the things you mention are certainly able to be done during a rhinoplasty. Computer imaging would be quite helpful in that you would be able to see a photo of what you would look like if all of these things were accomplished so that you could be sure it would give you the results you are looking for. In our area the range for this type of procedure is $7000 to $12,000. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multifaceted Rhinoplasty Is The Best Bet

+1

Hi,

Without photos and physical examination it is not possible to provide you with detailed surgical advise especially that it is hard to take your facial features into consideration hence the cost of the surgery could not be provided and it could fall within a wide range.

Nonetheless, based on the description you have provided it seems that you could benefit from a multifaceted rhinoplasty where several nasal areas be addressed and modified so your nasal bridge is narrowed, your nasal tip is de-projected and your alar base be reduced.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty?

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can produce some dramatic results. Try to focus in on the three or four major concerns you have about your nose. Write them down and take them with you to your consult. Do not forget to mention if you have sleep apnea or difficulty breathing through your nose.

Request to see the surgeons actual patients that have had rhinoplasty/ septoplasty surgery. Consider making sure your practioner has hospital priviledges to perform the procedure you are requesting and that your surgery will be performed at an accrediated surgical facility.

Costs can vary dramatically with this type of surgery. Make sure your expectations are realistic and well understood before your rhinoplasty. Best,

Gary R Culbertson,MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty plans

+1

Rhinoplasty can involve a number of parts dependign on what you want adjusted. Takedown of a dorsal hump, adjusting tip refinement, and narrowing can all be accomplished.

Get the opinion of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and make sure you see a complete portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures!

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Nasal Changes with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Without pictures or seeing you it is impossible to even try to answer your question. Cost will vary from $7,000-15,000.

How Much?

+1

It sounds like you have done much contemplating and thinking about your nose.  Please actively consult a Facial Rhinoplastic Surgeon for specific surgical details.  However, ask him for a written quote for the proposed rhinoplasty which may range from $7500 to $14000 depending on case complexity, needed work and the surgeon's experience.  May you be blessed with an excellent result! 

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery Consultation to Answer your Questions

+1

A consultation would be necessary to determine what you need to have done to correct your current concerns. I personally use a digital imaging computer during my consulting process which enables me to show the patient the proposed surgical results and what would be done to attain those. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD