Best and Cheap Solution for my Gap? (photo)

Hello, I have this gap in my two from teeth and I do not like it at all. I do not like smiling because of it and I put my hand over my mouth when laughing. People tell me it's not bad but I always imagined having nice perfect teeth. What is the best, fastest and cheapest solution to closing my gap and perfecting my teeth?

Best isn't always the least costly!

+1

It's important to be able to laugh, smile & talk without putting your hand over your mouth! The gap in between your front teeth may have developed because your jaw bone is too big.  There also could be a thick band of fibrous tissue, the labial frenum, that's attached to the ridge in between the teeth & when the teeth were erupting the frenum was in the way! Check this out with your dentist. Braces are always an alternative, because then nothing is added to the teeth. Invisalign may work in your case.

If you have a high frenum, this can be removed/released by a dentist very easily with a soft tissue laser...then you can move the teeth together. If considering bonding or veneers, this has to be done as well so that the added contour while closing your spaces has a nice emergence profile. If you consider bonding or veneers, ask your Dentist to do a diagnostic wax-up & then a mock up in your mouth so you can see what it looks like before you commit to treatment.

Good luck!

Edmonton Cosmetic Dentist

How To Fix My Space Between Front Teeth

+1

The best treatment is certainly not the cheapest treatment to correct the space between your front teeth.  The least expensive option is to place bonding between the front two teeth to close the space.  This would not look aesthetic as it would make the front teeth look too wide.  The next option would be to see an orthodontist and consider full upper/lower braces to close the space.  This would take longer, but would give you a very nice result.  Finally, you could consider do 8-10 porcelain veneers to close the space..  You should achieve a fantastic result with this option in only two visits, but this would be the most costly of the three options.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Fix it overnight

+1

The best fast and cheap solution is bonding...it is reversible so if you aren't happy you can have it removed and do ortho and/or veneers...it isn't perfect but the risk is low.

Robert Penning, DMD
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Best and Cheapest?

+1

Unfortunately the best solution is not the cheapest. The best solution to close the gaps would be 4 veneers. you would need 4 in order to keep the teeth as proportionate and natural looking as possible. If you want the cheapest, facial bonding on the front 2 teeth is better. But keep in mind they may be much larger after.

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Closing a Gap

+1

Bonding on just 2 teeth is the least expensive but it will create two very large teeth. Closing the gap with Invisalign would be the most conservative and esthetic treatment for you, and it can be surprisingly affordable, especially if the dental office you visit offers patient financing. Hope that helps and good luck!

Lilya Horowitz, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Best is orthodontics

+1

I think your best option, for the smile you are looking for, is for you to do invisalign or braces.  This is not the cheapest option, nor the fastest option, but from these limited photos, I'd say it is your best option.  Another option, which is the cheapest, would be to do bonding to close the gaps.  But seeing the size of the spaces, in order to close them, your front teeth would be made to look very big.  The same goes with doing veneers.  You may get a better look with veneers vs bonding, but with the diastema you have, your front teeth would still be made to be too big.

Bradley Matthew, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Best and Cheapest Solution for Gap in Front Teeth

+1

The BEST solution is definitely NOT the Cheapest.

Best: Porcelain Veneers on 4 or more of your upper teeth so the sizes of the teeth can be kept in proportion.

Cheap: Bonding on the 2 front teeth only.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Gap Between Upper Front Teeth - Options

+1

Your least costly option would be bonding.  If only the front two teeth are done this may make them look too wide in relation to your other teeth.  You could have a wax up or a mock up done in the mouth to see how it would look prior to treatment.  The other option would be bonding or veneering more teeth to make all the sizes in proportion.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist