What Size Do You Recommend? (photo)

I am 5'9'' & 160lbs I hope to be a full C to small D. I want to look proportional, better than natural but not fake. Going with Moderate Profile Cohesive Gel Implants (Natrelle style 15) with sub-muscular inframammary incision

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

What size do you recommend

+1

I recoomend the size that will give yuo the result yuo desire.

The best way to assess the volume needed is to use a sizing system that allows yuo to see the volume needed to achieve the look you desire.  Once the volume is determined then yuo will need to determine implant type, shape and location

A Plastic Surgeon will help yuo though this process

Best of Luck

Jeremy Hunt 

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

What is the Best Size

+1

The selection of size, style, and type of implant is usually based on the patient's request, but within the anatomic limitations.  In addition it is impossible to promise a precise cup size. I usually have patients try on implants in a bra to get some idea of what they think looks pretty. Keep on that your actual breast size after the procedure will be slightly smaller when measured in a bra. Also make sure that you see a board certified surgeon for any cosmetic procedure.

Web reference: http://www.mommymakeovermiamibeach.com/breast-augmentation.php

Proportion is key to beautiful augmentation result

+1

Hi Lolita,

Thank you for your question and the photos.  Very helpful.  We always caution against using a cup size to determine the success of the surgery.  As many have pointed out, we cannot guarantee cup size.  If we had bras from 6 different brands, let's say all 36C, the actual volume that would fill the cup would be different between bras and yet, they are all labeled C cup!  I do like my patients to name a cup size so that I can understand the degree of fullness they want but my patients know that cup sIze is not the goal.  The key is what you mentioned, proportion.  Patients use cup size because they sometimes do not know how else to communicate their goals.  I agree with Dr. Francis; the model is not a D or maybe not even a C.  There is so much going on with her outfit, it is hard to tell.  But, when we look at the photo that shows her hips, she absolutely looks great, because she has a fabulous proportion, with a very nice curve of the outer breast to balance her hips. I like style 15, as long as width of implant fits your breast width.  Totally agree with infra mammary incision and sub pectoral pocket.  In my own patients I will sometimes use a shaped silicone implant to achieve a full but natural look.  Good luck with your surgery.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

What Size Do You Recommend?

+1

Again over the internet we can ONLY give our estimates and guesses. I would recommend HP 460 cc implants. But you need in person evaluations. 

What Size Do You Recommend? #breastimplants

+1

First thing first. Do not get caught up on a photograph of what you want to look like. I think it is great that you have a sense of what you want but if you get too hooked on other photos then you may set yourself up for disappointment. Being that said, you have a great frame and I think you will have an amazing result if you choose your surgeon wisely and convey your desires and goals. I never promise a patient a cup size because all bras are so very different. I try to get inside of my patients' heads to know what is too big and what is too small. Then it is all about the breast measurements for the right profile and size implant. I would make sure your surgeon is one that will use sizers in the operating room to pick the implant that they feel best resembles what the two of you have discussed. Much of this process is left up to trust in your surgeon. You get to control the incision, the type of implant, the position of the implant relative to the muscle, but once you enter the operating room you are trusting that your surgeon is the one who listened to all of your desires and wishes and will best match those goals. Also, you should note any asymmetry in your breasts now before surgery because once an implant is in place it will magnify those asymmetries and so it is very important for you to note this.

Determining breast size for breast augmentation

+1

Dear Lolita,

Determining breast implant size to achieve a given post operative goal is a very common subject of discussion on this site.  I must first comment that the woman in your "goal" photo does not appear to have small D cup breast and questionably even a C cup breast.  There are implant sizing systems available and you can always perform the "rice test" in a D cup bra to get a general idea of the implant size that you will require.  I currently use such a sizing system in my practice to determine a range of implants that would be appropriate to provide a certain breast size.  During the surgery I place my patients in a sitting upright position and inflate a temporary sizer to determine the final exact volume to achieve the goals that we set forth preoperatively.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures, I think that you are starting at a great “starting point” when it comes to  achieving a nice outcome after breast augmentation surgery.  Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “full C, small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Size is difficult to determine without an exam

+1

One of the most difficult questions to answer is the one you pose.  An exam is needed to measure the space available for an implant, among other things.  You have a lean build.  A ball park guess for an individual of your height and weight would be an implant of around 550 cc.  Using sizers will give you a better visual estimate of what you are looking for.  Best of luck. 

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon