Bumped Eye After Anchor Stitch Blepharoplasty- Have I Done Damage?

I am six weeks post upper and lower blepharoplasty. The underye muscle has been anchored with a permanent stitch to the bone. Tonight I bumped my eye and have a feeling I may have broken the stitch, if that's possible. It normally feels like a small pea under my skin, now it's moved and is not as prominent. I can't see any difference when I look in the mirror but my eyeball feels a little colder/dryer. What have I done?

Post-blepharoplasty anchored stitch

+2

Surgeons frequently use anchoring sutures to hitch up or anchor either the muscle during a skin-muscle flap or during a canthoplasty to change the lower eyelid shape. While these permanent sutures are very helpful, sometimes the tissues after a number of weeks begin to adhere to themselves. Thus, while you may have potentially disrupted your suture, the tissues are still maintaining their position. If you've bumped your eye, the small bump you are feeling could be a small hematoma, cyst, or suture reaction, etc. consult with you surgeon to determine the next best course of action which would probably be a careful observation period.