Would I Need an Anchor Scar if I Got a Breast Lift? (photo)

I've been reading about it and I've found different answers. Some say you have to have an anchor incision, some say you may not if you don't have excess sagging. Are my breast considered excessively saggy or could I get away with only a periareolar incision? Would I need an anchor incision to get good results? thanks!

No anchor scar will be needed.

+2

From the photo alone it seems that your left breast is smaller and your right breast is a little bigger and with more tissue laxity.  If you would like to achieve better symmetry as well as more volume, an augmentation and a purse-string mastopexy (donut lift) will achieve this.  A purse-string mastopexy or only requires an incision around your areola.  I would recommend getting both sides done as this will allow making both areolas more symmetric.  The final incision line will be at the border of your areola and your breast skin.

Dr Remus Repta

Anchor scar not needed to lift saggy breasts

+2

Hi,

Thank you for your photo. There is a new technique for lifting breasts called the Ultimate Breast Lift that in your case (right breast) would not require a vertical scar  nor an inframammary scar. Your left breast appears to be smaller, so a Mini UBL plus a small submuscular implant would be required to match the right breast. With the Mini UBL your existing breast tissue is repositioned directly over the implant to avoid the 'double-bubble' look.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Would I Need an Anchor Scar if I Got a Breast Lift?

+1

I am not sure what your goals are. This photo is tilted, so I can't tell if your nipples and areolas are misaligned. If all you want are even breasts, the size of your smaller left breast, a small reduction and lift on the right side could be done without a full anchor incision.

If you wish to be larger, an enlargement on one or both sides, combined with a lift on the right can be accomplished probably through an incision around the areola. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Search for the best surgeon- not for the scar you want.

+1

Hi there-

Please don't make the mistake of choosing your surgeon because of the scar they promise you. Your goal should be to be safe, and to have the most beautiful and symmetric breasts you can, with scars that are acceptably inconspicuous.

The best way to active this is not to spend your time looking for the operation that will give you the shortest scars or that has the cutest name, but rather to spend it looking for the most talented, skilled, and experienced surgeon you can find. 

In the hands of such a surgeon, your breasts will be more likely to be beautiful and symmetric, and your scars (wherever they are) thin and inconspicuous (provided you follow all instructions- realizing that your final outcome depends on how well you follow instructions as much as on how your surgeon does his part).

Find the right surgeon- don't shop for a cute scar.

Armando Soto, MD

Do I need an anchor Lift?

+1

Hard to tell with the pics that you have supplied, you may not need a lift if you are willing to tolerate larger implants, there is always lots to talk about when breasts appear as yours does, you are not straight forward. You may or may not need a lift and may or may not need an anchor lift, hard to tell? I would recommend a consult with a BC PS to discuss your goals and how to best achieve them!! god luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Ancor Scar Lift Needed?

+1

From this one photo you do not appear to need an anchor scar or even a vertical scar lift.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a bilateral circumareolar mastopexy with subpectorally placed implants. Benelli, purse string or donut lift are other names used for this type lift that limits the scar to a circle along the edge of the areola.  This would give you a perky, fuller and more beautiful breast shape while improving symmetry with minimal scar.  An examination would be necessary to determine this for certain.

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

+1

I assume you are asking about the right breast? in my opinion ONLY and anchor to the right will allow better achievement of symmetry. Best to discuss in person with a few docs. 

Which type of breast lift is best for me?

+1

It's a little tricky to tell for sure from your pictures, but I don't think you need a full classical aka "anchor" lift to get a good result.  There are a number of versions of the vertical lift that produce a nice elevation without the extra scar in the lower portion of the breast.  In my opinion the inner portion of the anchor lift scar is most troublesome for patients, since it is in the cleavage area.  I discuss the various types of lifts on my website johnqcookmd.com.

John Q. Cook, MD

+1

I dont believe that you need an anchor incision

A circumareolar or vertical lift in my opinion should be sufficient

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1
With out an exam it's hard to determine. From your picture it Doesn't look like you require a anchor lift. A modest lift would give you nice results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS