How to Anchor Medial Brow Lift with Upper Blep 18 Mo. After Coronal Brow Disaster?

Endotine won't work as left medial is paralyzed--1" lower than right eyebrow! Oculoplastic says do direct brow lift which makes horrid scar! Option? How can you anchor a stitch in upper forehead from upper bleph? Have used Botox and laser. NOthing helps! Any hope for more elevation in older person if outer frontalis raises, but not inner (medial)? Coronal or hairline will not work as no skin to pull up. Is there an oculoplastic ANYWHERE to correct without major scars or more paralysis?SICK & SAD!

Brow Repositioning

+1

Internal brow pexy or additional method of fixation may be appropriate in this case.   Pictures and exam would be necessary to sort all of these issues out.

Low Medial Brow after Brow Lift

+1

It is unusual to have paresis of the medial brow following a coronal brow lift especially with an inch difference.  You need a detailed consultation along with a review of the operative report to help decide what can be done to improve the symmetry of the eyebrows.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Paralysis after a browlift

+1

does occur infrequently and I am sorry to hear of your results.  If you have any forehead wrinkles, it will camouflage the scar above your brow quite nicely.  But there are other methods that can work without the scar as mentioned.  You have to decide whether you want your brow to be simply symmetrical at rest (which is what I would suggest) versus some other position that will be surgically created.  I just wanted to let you know that my direct browlifts where the scar is above the brow heal quite nicely though redness can persist for months but is easily covered with makeup.

Curtis Wong, MD

Brow lift asymmetry revision is possible

+1

Its unclear exactly what the issue is based on your description - but a relatively minor brow lift can be done through a upper eyelid lift incision. I've done direct brow lift procedures for patients that have prominent frontal lines/wrinkles and have been pleased with the cosmetic result of the scar and the longevity of the lift. Seek out an experienced plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Brow lift

+1

There are various options for brow lift, partial or complete. The technique depends on the goal of surgery, your specific anatomy, hairline, etc.  A proper evaluation is needed to determine the best technique for you.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric brows

+1

This problem in not completely clear but it is likely something that can be helped by ablative surgery and suspension of all flaccid areas of the forehead. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift problem

+1

A question like yours desrves a thorough exam and proper history to make an assessment.  Usually medial brow elevation is not desired.  Endotimes can be placed through an upper blepharoplasty incision to lift the brow in some cases.

Symmetry issues following brow lift surgery

+1

It is not easy to understand your exact problem without a photograph or a more detailed explanation of what procedure was performed.  I am no sure what happened to your frontalis muscle you are describing some degree of loss of motor function to the left side.  If you have asymmetry of brow position there are options such as a lateral galeapexy or a temporal brow lift with internal browpexy via the upper eyelid incision.  Seek additional opinions and submit a photo to this forum for more help solving your symmetry issues.  

Revision surgery

+1

It is very difficult to understand what has happened without some video or an examination. It sounds like you have brow asymmetry after a endotine brow lift with an upper lid bletharoplasty? Yes, there is a procedure called a transbletharoplasty brow lift with an incision in the scalp and one in the upper eyelid. May I suggest you get copy’s of your operative report and seek out several options/ practitioners. Revision surgery can be frustrating. Do not give up hope. Write down your options you receive with the statistics on success, scaring, etc. before you make any decisions. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon