Anchor Lift/Augmentation Too Big?

I was a saggy 34DD before, and wanted to be a perky size 34DDD with a bit of a "fake"look. I'm 5'8 and 135 pounds. My surgeon recommended 400 mentor mod plus implants overfilled to 500. I am currently 2 weeks out and measuring at a FF! I'm hoping I still have a lot of swelling, but am really depressed because I know there can't be THAT much swelling at this point. Should I wait out the 6 months to see if they settle, or go back and get them smaller before the skin is stretched?

2 Weeks After Full Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation

+1

2 weeks after breast augmentation and lift is a bit too early to determine size.  Usually, at 6 weeks a better determination can be made.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift and large implants

+1

This is a tricky question to really answer well without seeing you. First, I would think that you would have known that you were getting large implants. Second, large implants may lead to early sagging.  It may be a good idea to wait a few months until the swelling comes down.

Large breast implants for treating sagginess

+1

It is not wise to treat sagginess in a breast with a large implant.

First, it makes doing a proper breast lift more precarious because the blood supply is compromised.

Second, the perkiness and upper pole fullness is usually not long lasting with large implants.  The breasts sags quickly, the skin thins, and the problem of droopiness becomes worse... and more difficult to treat.

I spend a lot of time each week trying to talk ladies out of large implants because I see first-hand the damage they do to the body.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Unhappy with size

+1

Ignore what bra cup size you measure. Measuring a FF only tells you that the bust measurement is 7-8 inches greater than the band measurement (and is actually inaccurate and inconsistent beyond D). How does the size look to you? How does it feel? How does it look without clothes on looking down? Looking in the mirror? With loose clothes on? With tight clothes? In a bathing suit.

Also understand that the shape is going to change which may change your opinion later. It takes up to a year for a lift and augmentation to settle into its final shape.

Explain your feelings to your surgeon so he/she can better guide you to deciding if and when to change to smaller implants. Two weeks is too early to do elective surgery technically, so you will need to wait anyway. Furthermore, combination lift with implants operations are notorious for requiring revisions later on, so wait and see that nothing else needs to be corrected as well.  

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Very Large Breast Augmentation

+1

Give some more time to see your final results. I would also recommend to wear a bra as much as possible to help avoid sagging again. Remember, the larger the breast- the larger the risk for sagging.

Michael Horn, MD

Concerns about Breast Size after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

I think it is much too early  to evaluate the results of surgery.  Give yourself a few more months before  making this determination. At that point, I encourage you to evaluate the results of surgery based on the overall look, NOT  on precisely what cup size you are. As you know, bra cup sizes will vary and, in my opinion, should not be used as a basis for communication between patient and surgeon or  as the sole determinant of patient satisfaction after breast surgery.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon; communicate your question/ concerns in a calm fashion.

Augmentation to Large

+1

Interesting!  Mentor does not recommend over filling their saline breast implants.  My recommendation would be to seek a second opinion, and evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) before having another surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD