Can I Get Anchor Breast Lift Without Breast Implants?

I'm 5'4,124 pounds and 34A bra size. With the lift I just want to see my breasts higher on the chest with reposition and reduction of the areola so my breasts just feel firmer and more shaped. Also, I do not want to go bigger I would like to have small perky breasts. Thank you

Anchor Breast Lift Can Be Done Without Breast Implants

+5

Thank you for your question. You certainly can have an Anchor Breast Lift without Breast Implants.

You did mention that you want firm breasts. Although the Anchor Breast Lift will position the nipple correctly a small implant is usually needed to make the breast firm.

Anchor Lift without implants is best

+2

Hi,  Yes of course. I see many patients who need both a lift and implants but I never do the two operations together because each operation interfers with the healing of the other.  I encourage my patients to just have the Anchor lift and wait 3+ months to decide if they still want some enlargement.  Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+2

In short, yes.  You will have perkier firmer breasts, but they will appear smaller because of the skin removal.  If you dont mind looking smaller, you will probably be quite happy. The actual glandular tissue will still be the same volume, but tightening the skin will re-distribute the tissue on your chest and they will appear smaller.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

+2

I do think you can get an acceptable result with a breast lift.   In fact, you would do very well with a circumvertical (around the areola and vertical scar toward crease) lift, avoiding a horizontal scar.  

Thank you for sharing your picture, the footplates of your breast (relation of your breast to chest wall) are rather wide, which probably due to a wide breastbone.    This will not be changed by a breast lift.  

In addition, since your breast will be lifting and perkier, they will be more compact and dense.  Hence, you may feel a bit smaller when all is done.   If you are against implants, you are not burning any bridges, as it is always possible to add implants down the road.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Lifting Only Possible?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Of course, you can undergo breast lifting surgery without having breast implants placed BUT  make sure that you will be pleased with the results of surgery…  Based on your pictures, it does not appear that you have a significant amount of breasts tissue present;  I would be concerned that you may not have enough  volume/firmness of the breasts after breast lifting alone.  As you are thinking about the surgical options available, educate yourself also about the stars that will result from breast lifting surgery.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons to communicate your goals.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to aid in this communication process.

+2

Yes,you can have a breast lift without implants

You can even have a breast lift without an anchor incision.A vertical or even a circum-areolar incision may be sufficient

The lift procedure will also reduce the areolae

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift without an implant

+2

You most certainly can have a lift without an implant.  Many surgeons stage their mastopexy augmentations to achieve more predictable results.  So starting with a lift is reasonable.  You could always have an augmentation at a later date if you were not satisfied.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without implants

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos. You can have breast lift without an implant. The type of lift you need will depend on the examination findings. In general, breast lift involves removing tissue to reshape the breast. This will make the breasts smaller. 

My advice for you is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. During the consultation you can articulate your goal and discuss all the treatment options. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast lift without implants and Strattice

+2

You certainly may have a breast lift without implants.  Repositioning the breast shape as well as reduction of the areola size is accomplished in a procedure like this, however, this may give you slightly smaller breast that you presently have.  In these instances, I prefer using Strattice which is a matrix for your own tissues to grow within.  This is not an implant, however, it provides a slight increase in size because of the volume it adds to the breasts.  Please discussed this with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+2

A breast lift can be performed without an implant, but it does not appear that you have a lot of tissue volume.  You may wnat a small implant to give you a firmer feel.