Would Anatomical or Low Prof Round Silicone Create More of a Natural Look? (photo)

5'6,125lbs,22yrs old, small 34a I was originally choosing between anatomical mentor implant at 300cc or 345cc, but since it is more oval compared to round will it create more of a space between my breasts? I want as little as spacing as possible, and really want a natural slope to avoid fake cleavage. My goal: look porportioned to my body, small c cup. What would create this look more effectively, a 325cc round low profile round silicone implant or 345 anatomical? Thanks

Anatomic implants

+1

Avoid the so-called anatomic implants and stick with round implants. Anatomic, or tear drop shaped implants are notorious for turning the wrong way resulting in  assymmetry or other deformities.  Many Plastic Surgeons and their patients have found this out the hard way and these implants are much less popular now than when they were introduced  (largely as a marketing tool). The fact that they are used much less frequently now should tell you all you need to know. I personally like high profile implants.

Anatomical or Low Profile Round for More Natural Look

+1

Your comments about anatomic implants and natural appearance reflect a number of commonly held misconceptions about what produces a "Natural" breast appearance. The naturalness of an augmented breast has much more to do with implant size (larger less natural), whether or not the implant is under or on top of the muscle (on top generally less natural), and the amount of your own breast tissue (less tissue covering the implant can mean a less natural result). You photos show that that you are lean with little breast tissue and a wide space between your breasts with lateral rotation of your nipple.

You need to recognize that you will not look like the picture of your desired result. The space between your breasts is too wide. If you try to gain more cleavage by placing the implant more medial you will run the risk of developing synmastia and the implant will rotate your nipple more lateral resulting in a very unnatural appearance.

Given that you have thin tissues, a modest size smooth round silicone implant under the muscle will give you the most "natural" result. You do not need an anatomic implant to get a natural result. A smooth implant under the muscle assumes an "anatomic" shape. The implant needs to be chosen to fit your breast and not be too wide (as many low profile implants are in larger sizes), or too narrow. You should discuss these issues carefully with your surgeon. 

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implant size and shape: taking your body and breasts into account

+1
When choosing shaped implants, you have a lot of various options in terms of width, height, and projection.
A low profile implant in my opinion is rarely a good implant, it will only give you a pancake look.
Finally, you desire to have as little space between your breast is limited by the fact that your own natural breasts are far apart.  Your nipples are off to the side.  If you attempt to place your implants close together, you will end up with nipples pointing to the sides, which is not a very attractive look.  Using a 3D modelling program would be beneficial for you to understand this.

Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Polyurethane covered anatomical implants don't rotate

+1

Dear lady, what other colleagues say is true : anatomical omplants only have an advantage if they contain a form stable gel and if a stable position can be guaranteed. In Europe we still have access to two brands of polyurethane covered cohesive (gummy bear) gel implants which I would definitely use in your case. Smooth gel implants tend to shift to the sides and may not give the cleavage that you look for. Anatomical implants should give you a good volume while avoiding too round a shape.

So my plan would be to place anatomical polyurethane covered implants behind the muscle through an incision in the fold under the breast, which should not be longer than 5 centimeters.

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon

Would Anatomical or Low Prof Round Silicone Create More of a Natural Look?

+1

Few doctors use the anatomical implant because it has no advantage to a round implant if it works well and if it rotates it creates a bizarre appearance. The medium profiles are the most commonly used as they mimic nature the closest.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Low profile vs anatomical implants

+1

Anatomical gel implants require a significantly longer incision and cost more. As such they are rarely used for cosmetic augmentation in the USA. I would caution you away from choosing a low profile implant as they lack the projection most women want. Hope this helps!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant style and look

+1
The final look is not completely predictable. It depends on how you heal the implants in place. Some women look like two half grapefruits and others look more tear drop shaped. Anatomical implants have the added risk of rotating from vertical or healing with a long narrow look, both would require additonal surgery to fix.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical Breast Implants?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  From the photos, I think you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.

One of the known problems/complications associated with “anatomical” breast implants is the possibility of shifting/rotation of the breast implant.  This rotation of breast implant may cause the breast shape to change,  potentially necessitating further surgery to correct.  For this reason, and with the goal of minimizing complications and need for further surgery, I prefer the use of round implants for almost all patients.

Please see a few well experienced plastic surgeons and ask to see examples of their work to find one that you feel comfortable.

Anatomical vs. Smooth Round breast implants

+1

Studies have shown that smooth round implants actually have that anatomical confirmation when you are sitting or standing upright. The degree of "naturalness" of your outcome will be more related to the size implant you are choosing (the larger the implant, the less natural it will look) as well as the amount of breast tissue you are starting with (the more breast tissue you are starting with, the more natural the outcome).

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon