Would Anatomic Implants Yield Better Results if One is Opting for Large Breast Implant Result?

I have spoken to a few surgeons about getting large implants (around 650cc) and they all suggested HP round silicone for my 5'1'' 105lb 26" ribcage. I was wondering if anatomic implants yield a more "natural" result (less visible fullness in the upper part of the breasts) than the common round implant since I don't want the bolt-on look and I have very small natural breasts. I am set on getting large implants and any advice on how to achieve the natural look is appreciated.ty

Anatomic implants

+1

In the end they all will become round so it really doesn't matter if you put in anatomic implants because the capsulke will make them round.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Large implants on a small frame will never look "natural."

+1

The honest answer is that 650cc implants, regardless of shape, will never look "natural" on someone who is 5'1" and 105lbs. They will look like implants, anatomic or not. If you do choose anatomic implants, saline will be your only current option as the FDA has yet to approve the anatomic gel implants.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Natural appearing anatomic breast implants

+1

The best way to have a natural appearing breast augmentation is to use implants that have been properly sized for you body frame.  Using an anatomic larger implant will not achieve those results because whatever you do the size will stand out.  I find the anatomic implants are sometimes useful in certain breast reconstruction surgeries for someone who wants to go really small and avoid any appearance of upper pole fullness.  Large anatomic implants can also potentially be a problem because if they shift, the malposition will be noticeable through the skin much easier.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/

Anatomic implants

+1

I am not a big fan of anatomic implants because they are textured and they can turn and look funny.  Good luck.

Large implants are not natural

+1

With your height and weight 650 are large and may not look natural on your body frame. It doesnt matter what shape is used, large is large.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Larger Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  I perform lots of larger breast surgery and I do not use anatomical breast implants.

One of the known problems/complications associated with “anatomical” breast implants is the possibility of shifting/rotation of the breast implant.  This rotation of breast implant may cause the breast shape to change,  potentially necessitating further surgery to correct.  For this reason, and with the goal of minimizing complications and need for further surgery, I prefer the use of round implants for almost all patients.

Choose a well experienced plastic surgeon who can show you results before proceeding with surgery.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastImplantXL.htm

Large Implants

+1

Hello B,

If you are set on getting that kind of large implants (650) on your frame, you need to be aware and ready to have your first revision surgery within 3 years.  You should also be ready to have a second and possibly a third revision surgery subsequent to that within ten years.  I am not exagerating, and am merely giving you the likely scenario based on statistics.

Your quest for a natural look is equally dubious with that size implant in your body size.  Regardless of profile or shape, there is nothing that is going to increase the possibility that you look natural, unless 'natural' is looking like two roughly spherical orbs that extend well past the sides of your chest.

Sorry to sound so negative.  Half of my practice is revision breast surgery, and I see a lot of women with implants that have caused problems, some unfixable.  It's not that there aren't any women your size with 650s, you just need to know you are pursuing a potentially problematic course in breast augmentation.   I wanted to tell you this because I'm affraid the surgeons you meet won't.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Anatomical vs round implants

+1

First off, anatomical implants are firmer and require a significantly longer incision for placement. Secondly, putting a too large implant on a small frame will not lead to a "natural" look and can increase the potential for implant malposition (bottoming out, etc.). Hopefully the opinions you have received have been from experienced breast surgeons who aren't simply telling you what you want to hear to close the deal! Good luck!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon