Is this amount of swelling normal? It's 6 months since my upper blepharoplasty (Photo)

It's been six mos. since my upper blepharoplasty and I feel like the swelling should be mostly subsided by now. I can still feel the swollenness when I open my eyes wide. I went for a follow-up last month & my dr said to wait a few more months & if by a year, the swelling hasn't gone down all the way, he can do surgery again. He said I have weaker eye muscles than average.I'm afraid my eyes will remain this way. Please advise if this is normal and if the swelling might not go all the way down?

What is it about your lids that concern you?

+1
You mention swelling but its not appreciated on your photos 6 months post-op.  Other have mentioned ptosis but your lids easily clear your pupils and I'm doubtful that is your problem.  If you're worried about the width of the crease, that is another issue as it appears you had an Asian blepharoplasty to create a fold.  There are variations in results from such procedures but you do have a double lid now.  If you are desiring something else, you will need to speak to your surgeon again but it appears the goal of the procedure was achieved. 

Need to see an oculoplastic surgeon

+1
You do not appear to have any residual eyelid swelling. There is a hint of a latent ptosis, which can be evaluated at a consultation by a phenyephrine eye drop test, with pictures before & after the drop is instilled. This may help assess whether you like the appearance of your eyelids & resultant upper lid show & help you decide if further surgery will give you the aesthetic outcome you desire.

Sabrina Shah-Desai, MS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

You are going to need a personal consultation to really answer this question.

+1
You are pretty much healed.  I do not think your eyelids are swollen.  I think you need to be carefully assessed for latent upper eyelid ptosis.  You are carrying your eyebrows very high.  This sometimes reflects the presence of latent ptosis.  The fullness on the platform looks to be related to a small amount of excess skin and muscle on the eyelid platform.

Ptosis causing swelling appearance

+1
You do not have any swelling. Need to see the before photos. You may be referring to the droopiness of the upper eyelids (ptosis).  Obtain a in person evaluation by an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon