Amount of Dermal Filler in a Syringe?

What is the physical size of Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse syringes? Also, how much actual HA can each syringe contain as opposed to anesthetic or other substances? Thank you!

Restylane actually has 1.15cc per syringe as it is overfilled-Juvederm is only 0.8cc

+3

With Restylane and Perlane, you get a little bonus with an overfilled syringe. The company states it has only 1cc, but you actually get 1.15cc total. On the other hand, with Juvederm, you get what they say you get, 0.8cc. That means that you get about 27% more of Restylane and Perlane for your money than Juvederm. Additionally, the syringes for Restylane and Perlane allow more anesthetic to be added, making the injections MUCH less painful than Juve.

As for the concept that 0.8cc of Juvederm is the same or more than 1.15cc of Restylane or Perlane, uh, no, I don't think so. That is something that Allergan, the company that produces Juvederm would like people to think, but contrary to what they say, it doesn't magically expand when inside of you. That would be contrary to the laws of physics and pretty scary to boot!

That's why I use Restylane and Perlane more often. Now, as for Prevelle, I wouldn't even consider using it because it only lasts 2 months (if even that). Radiesse does last up to a year in some people, but it can cause unsightly lumps (I just had a patient today who had lumps when another doc injected her that came out about 6 months after it was injected!). Lastly, Evolence is pretty painful so I don't usually use it either.

Omaha Dermatologist

Prevelle volumes

+3

There's also Prevelle which is 0.75 cc per syringe and is mixed with lidocaine.

As the other providers have mentioned it is not just the volume that produces the results.  Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Steve Williams, MD

Steven H. Williams, MD

Volume of Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse in One syringe

+2

Volume of Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse per syringe

The volumes of each filler is preset in a sterile syringe.  They are as follows:

• Juvederm: 0.8 cc
  • Radiesse: 1.3 cc
  • Restylane: 1.0 cc

Hope this helps.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fillers

+2

As the other doctors wrote, each one is supposed to correct about the same amount however each syring is filled to a different total volume.  Some have more water  in them than others.

Total volume:  radiesse 1.3 cc's, juvederm 0.8 cc, and restylane 1 cc.

Amount and Concentration of Facial Fillers in a Syringe

+2

Hi gg,

Restylane usually comes in 1.1 to 1.2 cc quantities per syringe.

The concentration of actual hyaluronic acid varies from product to product. Restylane has 20 mg/ml hyaluronic acid. Perlane is the Restylane product with a higher concentration of HA.

Juvederm Ultra has 24 mg/ml, Juviderm Ultra Plus has 30 mg/ml.

Preville Silk has 4.5 to 6 mg/ml.

Dr. Mayer has answered the rest of your question very well.

Be well and happy Holidays.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

About 1cc in each without the anesthetic

+2

They have from 0.8cc(Juvederm) to 1.3cc (Radiesse), but they are used to correct different problems. I use Juvederm for lines like those of the lip. I use Radiesse for depressions like the naso-labial grooves. Radiesse is not made for the lips. I do not use Restylane any longer. I feel my patients get longer results with the above products at a cheaper cost.

Volumes of fillers

+1

Of the currently available fillers, only Prevelle silk and Zyderm/Zyplast/Cosmoderm/Cosmo plasty are packaged with anesthetic agents.

Nearly all are packaged in 1cc ( with a little extra) vials with the following exceptions:

Prevelle is 0.75 cc

Juvederm is 0.8cc

Cosmoplast is available in 1.5cc syringes

Radiesse is newly available in a 1.5cc syringe

Important differences

+1

This is a deceptively complicated question. One reason is that the 0.8 cc syringe of Juvederm gives the same correction as 1.0 cc of Restylane, for about the same cost, and they last about the same in my experience. (Some of the HA is there just to help the flow of the product with injection, and that part quickly disappears; it is the part that remains that is important, and that is essentially the same for a 0.8 cc Juvederm syringe and a 1.0 cc Restylane syringe.) Radiesse may last a little bit longer but is less versatile. It will get even more confusing to try and compare one product with lidocaine anesthetic to one without! Time will tell if the addition of lidocaine really makes a difference in the pain of the injections, since it doesn't work until after it is injected.

Richard Baxter, MD